Paranoia after today's Watchtower

by Truthexplorer 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

They still do marking where I am, although it might not have that label as such.

About a year ago In another cong the elders found out a boy of about 20 went to a 'worldly' party and kissed a girl, all of the youths in the congregation were told by the elders not to associate with him for 6 months, he stuck it out and after his 'punishment' was allowed to associate with them again. He's one of the only ones with a car so the kids were glad to have him back.

i just find it crazy, what are other kids of 20 doing sexually? This guy is crossing his legs for the org. And makes one small mistake, a kiss, and so has to face social isolation for 6 months, poor guy, surprised it didn't wake him up. Of course they're all patting themselves on the back that the 'discipline' worked.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl

WT says that the "spiritual paradise" is supposed to supercede the family bonds. At the same time, everyone in the "spiritual paradise" is supposed to be paranoid and watch out for everyone else.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"WT's methods break the spirit, stop the growth & often kill the person!"

We are seeing so many JW's that are on prescription meds and an over abundance of alcohol to deal with problems they are having. When they go to the Elders for assistance, they are told to go to meetings more, more field service, etc. You always need to do more! Nothing is EVER good enough! These ones are not getting the professional help they need so badly. If they left this destructive cult and received professional help maybe they would have a chance. Sad!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said Ozgirl!
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    It's funny how easily we can be manipulated. As we were going through the WT, I was thinking/focusing on the ones who would be viewed as weak or, the ones who may have said something in the past that sounded slightly out. I also felt uncomfortable knowing full well how some view me personally. Also vice versa how I see them knowing full well how easily such ones would coldly cut you off in the blink of an eye if it came to it. The writers of that WT study did not write a balanced view of bad associtions. They continue to fan the flames of paranoia all round. For me, it was really uncomfortable reading...period! as the Americans say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit