Is the org. Laying the groundwork for no earthly paradise?

by nowwhat? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    He didn't mention the earthly paradise until the very last sentence

What exactly did he say in his very last sentence?

• waton
    waton

Even the anointed like their earthly paradise , lake estate with a [small distant] mountain view. aka Warwick.

because their current overlapping timeline does not need adjusting for 50 years. warwick is build to last.

Speaker assignments in cool, exotic places always available to the top cream, or other floaters.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Cults are run by the leaders and for the leaders, they are the beneficiaries not the drones who do the work and devote their lives to their master's dream. The leaders control the discourse and they manipulate the minds of the workforce. No disagreement with doctrine is possible so the drones keep their heads down and feel in solidarity with their comrades.

The scene has changed however and it is no longer possible to kid the eight and a half million people that Armageddon is perpetually just round the corner. Today the internet and people like us have a customer record of what the downsides of the religion are, shunning, waste of time, waste of life, low self esteem etc.

Now the GB are in deep doo doo, big drop in income, big rise in expenditure and few new members to pay for anything. There is no expansion only contraction, selling off the infrastructure for maintaining normal running expenses. This will suffocate any business.

The GB will have to rationalise their lack of progress and failures. They most reluctantly and grudgingly did so about five years after the 1975 fiasco and effectively said in the Watchtower; stop complaining, we still have our friends don't we? --pathetic. They could do the same with the idea that although the paradise will come we just gotta keep at it; more drudgery, more obedience, less hope. And they, the GB, with less money and diminishing likelihood of success have got to work increasingly harder keep the drones on board.

I don't think they will ultimately have success, they may push the spiritual paradise to the hilt but it won't convince everyone. Their days of glory are gone forever.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Nothing would surprise me with WT!

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Ok guys..... I'm in the mood of helping the Borg today.....so I concocted this new light.

Armaggedon (as the book of Revelation of course) is a battle between the armies that oppose God, and the Lamb, Christ. Those armies are going to lost that battle and the Devil be incarcerated in the Abyss for one thousand years, but remember this, it's very important, the 'Nations' are gonna keep going for the one thousand years (20:3). There's a distinction between the armies and the 'Nations'.

So, there's hope for humanity, after all, the Great Crowd comes out from 'every nation, tribe, people and language'. And even after the thousand of years, you know, the 'Nations' still keep going. (21:24).

So, we here at the WT from now on are going to focus in that paradise with all the nations, without evil influence. That means being more inclusive and less judgemental because we don't who's surviving or not. Earthly paradise is gonna be a lot different that we thought, sorry folks.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Ya know I have thought along those lines myself

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don’t think they could ever spin that one…

If the WTBTS stays in existence, then the new GB will have to handle it somehow.

Will they do it by dropping 1914, or just by sheer threats and fear? I don’t know, but they’re going to have to do something.

DD

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if dubs keep going round that corner looking forward to armageddon--eventually they will end up stuck in their own arse hole. maybe thats what the GB mean by paradise.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I was thinking the same when seeing it. No future paradise.

G.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has talked about the "spiritual" paradise many times over the years to appease the great crowd about the earthly paradise taking longer in coming; jws are told they are really in paradise already, the only one that really counts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit