Does Anyone Have Knowledge About Follicular B Cell Lymphoma and Blood Transfusions?

by jamiebowers 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    From what I've read, platelet and red blood cell levels are usually severely lowered during traditional treatment for this type of cancer. Is this correct? And if so, are platelets and red blood cells now part of the Watch Tower approved fractions?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Hemoglobin is an approved component and makes up something Iike 96% of what a red blood cells is. They strip off the membrane I believe so the blood type is not as important that makes up the other 4%. Also per one of their mags hemopure which is cows blood is an approved product, so if you can have cows blood then what's wrong with human blood? Jesus was quoted as saying at mark 7:13 that nothing taken into a man can defile him. And at Matthew 12:7-8 we desire mercy not sacrifice.. So go save your life and tell the Borg to pound sand!!!!
  • Dissonant15
    Dissonant15

A simple answer to the OP:

You are correct. During chemo the patient will require multiple transfusions of both packed red cells and platelets (two different products) to combat the side effect of deadly low counts, even if proactively taking erythropoietin & iron supplements.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept packed red cells or platelets. JWs dx'd with leukemias and lymphomas must be treated at "bloodless" cancer centers in large city University hospitals, who offer more obscure and/or experimental alternatives and clinical trials. Even then it can be touch and go.

Hemoglobin transfusion is listed as acceptable but its trial has been pulled and is essentially universally unavailable.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Platelets and red blood cells are not currently permitted. It is quite reasonable to ask why since current WT policy permits the use of 100% of blood in fractionated form. Learn more at www.ajwrb.org
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

If you are determined to stick to the rules good luck to you.

I would have no qualms about allowing the necessary treatment covertly. You can explain to your doctors the consequences of preserving your life i.e the destruction of your family and social life and ask to have the treatment in such a way that it is not visible to others.

It is in fact nobodies' business but the patient and her doctors.

"Good health to you".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thanks for the responses. My inquiry is not about myself but my jw mother. She has shunned me for 27 years, and in a very rare "necessary family business" conversation, she informed me of the type of cancer she has and that she's chosen not to treat it with chemotherapy and radiation.

I had a feeling that her reasons for refusing treatment involved the blood issue, and that suspicion was confirmed with a little research. What I wasn't certain about was whether the necessary treatment included so-called Watch Tower approved fractions.

It's not surprising that she's willing to die for the Watch Tower. My mom has handed her life over to this cult for the past 40 years, giving up her independence and her children. Now it seems she's giving up her actual existance.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't know if this is any use to you but my cousin has a condition where she has developed a very low platelet count, dangerously low, she could bleed to death if she cuts herself. She has been treated with steroids which has brought the count up over a number of months.
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I spoke to my mom earlier this evening, and she is dead set on chemotherapy, even if it didn't result in blood transfusions. She's convinced that chemotherapy doesn't work, and that her course of treatment is the Max Gerson diet, which includes coffee enemas and eating organic fruits and vegetables. From what I've read, this diet has not only been disproved as a cure for cancer, but also causes a host of health problems related to the unbalancing of electrolytes.

Well, she's 72 years old, and free to make her own choices. But I have a sinking feeling that one of her "spiritual" brothers or sisters, who is probably also making a healthy profit, has turned her on to this quackery.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The Gerson diet can work but to many people try chemo first and that does a lot of damage making it hard for the diet to have a chance. Cannabis is working for a lot of people.
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Cannabis can really help increase the quality of life for the severely and terminally ill, I have seen it work.

It is a massive injustice the way that plant has been maligned. It could be given to thousands of kids who suffer from cerebral palsy in exchange for a cocktail of other meds that have severe and lasting side effects, meds that would also prove fatal if given in higher doses.

I work with a JW and have heard from him recently about a couple of JWs who passed away after rejecting the conventional treatment for certain cancers in exchange for some quack idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit