Australian for beginers. lesson 1

by unclebruce 43 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

phew .. thanks to pr_capone I finnally got the bloody thing posted

now I'll read what all you galahs are saying and see if ya learned anything yet

unclebruce

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And I'll put the billy on for tea. Good on ya, cobber!

Nina

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

chevytnats submitted:

"Bastard huh? How about: When I was in England I met some Bastards, but they didnt compare to some of the Wankers that drive buses." ...

We don't generally talk about "pommie bastards" anymore so i'll need to mark you down for cultural insensitivity (besides the last thing i want is a writ from the wankers of the pommie bus drivers union!

Do I get an 'A' on my homework?
    B+ (well done chevy - don't sweat it, most in this class are gun'n for the B stamp!
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

Blackbabe submitted: (i wish :)

Ah Unc? You might think I'm a cheeky little bugger but I think you may have forgotton Bloody Bastard and Stinkin' Bastard and Filthy Bastard. Which perhaps may be more common up here on the north coast (or else they are more common amongst the younger generation) Oh also Poor Bastard.

LOL yeah i guess i did forget a few bastards (i haven't been shining me arse around here lately unclebruce ps: we're pretty slow bastards down here on the far south coast ::::: LOL @ Dansk -

it’s ‘a -That’s Australian all right

.. ya cheeky bastard! unclebruce ps: You aren't the first to moan about my features thrust in yer face. I've been trying to remove my mug shot from profiles for weeks but the bastard of a thing won't budge!! Hippikon's glued it in with aquadire or something .. So you'll just have to grin and bear it like i do to son! singing: "we're all in this together...." unc who can't take a joke lol. ::::

Maverick
    I was in country for a month and understood one word in five.
    which word was that?
    Everyone sounded like they had a month full of marbles
    that's an old trick to stop us dehydrating in the outback sorry to hear you had one up against yer duckhouse, unc.

::::::

SaintSatan

Mar 27, 2003

So, there's no hosers in australia, then?

dunno, i'm out to lunch on that one ss, .. hang on - 're you talk'n about the long wobbly thing we water our lawn with?

unclebruce who detects a NZ accent

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Geez, this post was a cock up from beginning to end - i'll pull my finger out next week folks!

that's the way the violet crumbles

sorry i chucked a wobbly, avagoodweegend, unc.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

What's an Australian poofter?

Someone who likes women more than beer.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Cock-up, unc? You know we don't say that. It's a balls-up!

Ozzie (of the pure language class)

• Englishman
    Englishman

"Brace yourself Sheila!"

(That's Australian foreplay, BTW.)

Englishman.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    It's a balls-up!

Correction.

"Balls-up" is an ENGLISH expression, "cock-up" is Aussie. Sorry Ozzie

• ozziepost