If you don't love someone back.

by compound complex 5 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Have you experienced the heartbreak of caring a lot for someone, but they didn't notice you? Or, as the opening title suggests, they love you romantically, but you just want to be friends?

It has happened to us, I know, as former Witnesses, when there were not so many potential marriage mates available (depending where you lived). Perhaps, several young sisters pursuing one lone guy. At Bethel, it became a flattering but often perplexing situation for us brothers.

I'd really be interested in knowing how you've dealt with the emotional roller coaster because the one pursued and the suitor are both affected, often adversely. The earlier thread garnered helpful thoughts and experiences, but I would appreciate further comment.

Thanks.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6095337456402432/unrequited-love

• compound complex
    compound complex

Well, the good news is that this situation has not affected you!

Thanks anyway.

• Jayk
    Jayk
    Sometimes people don't realise a good thing in front of them till it's gone. "Sometimes the past hurts, you can sit and dwell on it or learn.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Good advice, Jayk!

Thanks for posting.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I think alot of people are confused by the fantasy of love. The reality is that humans are flawed and people who think that they're always going to be starry eyed will get disappointed. I think the best move is to find a companion that you enjoy being with and someone who wants the same kind of life. Then there's not alot of compromising and emotional distress.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Then there's not a lot of compromising and emotional distress. -- Nancy Drew

You nailed it, Nancy! I appreciate your reply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit