An elder left a paper at my door

by JH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Since the last 6 weeks, the elders are trying to get a hold of me, but I specialize in being invisible. So now they left a little paper at my door asking that I call elder X so that he can talk to me.

Do you think I should keep on avoiding them since they are about to end their 3 month call on inactive ones? I rather fade away forever than meet with them.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You are under NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to do their bidding. They will disfellowship you in absentia when they finally get the message that you will not properly "respect their authority."

They mean nothing. Help them grasp that critical concept.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well you could leave a little paper at the elders door. What you write on it is your choice.

Outoftheorg of the aah screw them class.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

You asking that question implies that you owe them an explanation for your activities.

YOU DON'T!!!!1

If you don't want to talk to them...why even bother reading the note.

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

IMO, I would view that piece of paper like any other unsolicted sales material - Trash! What obligation do you have to respond to their command/summons? I'ts their arrogance and covering their ass that they think this way.

Whatever you decide, best wishes and take care. my 2 cents

Theresa

• Satanus
    Satanus

All of the above, plus, if they ever ask about the note, deny that you saw it, or had any knowledge of it. Lying, yes, but very justified, i would say. It's a bit like 'spiritual warfare' ;)

SS

• rocketman
    rocketman

I agree, you're under no obligation to call.

• myself
    myself
    Re: An elder left a paper at my door

I think you should return the favor and leave a burning bag of dog poop at his door!

• minimus
    minimus

JH, what paper? You never recieved any paper at your door. The wind must have blew the little sucker away, right?

• blondie
    blondie

minimus, I was reading down the responses, formulating my own, and there is was, you said it.

what paper? You never recieved any paper at your door. The wind must have blew the little sucker away, right?

JH, what cheap bastards! Couldn't even spend a few bucks to send it registered.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit