Chinese Rocket Falling to Earth

by Simon 11 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

As if the Chinese haven't already done enough to the world recently, they have now let a 22 ton rocket go out of control and start falling to earth. It's going 18,000 miles an hour and no one knows where it's going to hit but if it isn't water then it might leave a scuff mark.

The good news it is shouldn't be Canada, as we're too far North.

The bad news is, well ... are you in Canada or the same latitude or more North?

Chances are it will hit the Pacific, but it's 2021 and the way things are going it could hit a major population area.

If it does hit anywhere with lots of people, I hope it twats the shit out of Beijing.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It will be interesting to see how the media report on the aftermath of this, especially if the rocket does hit land.

• JeffT
    JeffT

This has happened a few times over the years. I remember two from the seventies or eighties. Skylab hit western Australia which was probably as good as hitting water. The radioactive power generator for a soviet satellite hit Canada and sparked a major cleanup as it scattered pieces all over.

For a more recent (and unfortunate) example look at what happened when Space Shuttle Columbia broke up over Texas. I expect something similar this time.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Governor Cuomo of NY has already been in touch with the Chinese and is herding the rest of the elderly of NY into ONE CERTAIN LOCATION. 🎆

• waton
    waton

the chinese should spend their huge trade balance money to get Bezos', Blue Horizon or Musk's SpaceX help them to return, land, or "sea" the boosters to bullseyes upright landings.

or contract the Pentagon to send up one of the anti ballistic weapons to reduce the size to manageable pieces.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I think space exploration companies both private and government owned should have on board devises which can be activated to destroy these outer space machines.

Most of these falling satellites or whatever will burn up as it descends to the earth by the atmosphere because they aren't built with that kind of protection on them, but still one day the inevitable is going to happen.

• MeanMrMustard
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

chinese rocket falling back to earth?

dont worry--it will probably miss.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Hollyweird will do a movie that shows its not China's fault its Trump's fault

• Simon
    Simon

MMM - that reminded me of the time the news read out prank names after a plane crash.

Obviously a tragic event and not something to joke about, definitely not ... but holy crap, it's funny as fuck!

Play from the 43 second mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BejQuI3lH9M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit