Watchtower logical fallacies

by RunningMan 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi RM, In investment analysis, we identify the assumptions and assign weight and value to those. The whole concept of religion is based on tradition, superstition, ritual, and assumptions.

One assumption is that the tradition has merit. Another is that the superstition is real, or that the rituals accomplish anything tangible.

To invest in the Witness thesis, one has to assume that there is in fact a god, the Catholic Church was used by that god, and then Martin Luther had his turn. The assumptions needed to be accepted to believe in the Witness thesis, make Star Wars very believable in comparison.

We need to make the assumption: that the sacred texts are inerrant and infallible in spite of their history; That everything is actually as it seems and is actually as we were taught in spite of the huge amount of evidence indicating it is not. On and on . . . . .

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

thanks RM

its good to get your head around these points now and again. i dont like to argue with people, so i tend to forget these rules. this is a good reminder. thanks.

• Maverick
    Maverick

RunningMan, It was a pleasure to read this well thought out, intelligently presented post. Thank you. Maverick

• AhHah
    AhHah

RunningMan,

Excellent use of examples from WT pubs to illustrate how pervasive logical fallacies are in their teachings! Some of these I was aware of when I was a member, but I am amazed at how many I did not recognize at the time. I was conditioned from youth to accept every word as though from God, without questioning. Thanks for the excellent summary.

AhHah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit