Revise Tax Code to Protect Children from Sexual Abuse

by ABibleStudent 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer
    I would vote to get the Watchtower's Tax-Exempt Status Revoked! Please stop these men before they hurt many more!  Once upon a time I thought Ex-JWs were angry because I believed the lies, it's their frustration that people can't see how deep the Watchtower Corruption and sex abuse cover-up goes!
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Trailer Park Pioneer, I don't like the Watchtower either, because I think it is a dangerous cult that victimizes JWs.  Even if it is a dangerous cult, I don't think that it's tax status should be revoked unless it demonstrates that it will not protect children from sexual abuse or will not stop using undue influence on JWs.

Besides if its tax status were revoked and it was dismantled, what would happen to a lot of "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JWs?  I would rather that more JWs start to critically think for themselves and heal from being indoctrinated, instead of join another dangerous cult.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

A lawyer with Tax Code experience reviewed the bill to revise the Tax Code yesterday.  She complimented me on the work that I did, made some suggestions to reword some portions of the bill, and suggested that more attorneys review the bill.  The bottom line is that the bill will not infringe on an individual's 1st Amendment rights and that many organizations will oppose portions of the bill.

If you would like to read a copy of the bill, please send me a PM.  I would appreciate help forwarding the bill to attorneys with Tax Code, legislative writing, Constitutional Law, or legislative committee experience.

Also if you would like to do something very constructive, please call and/or write your Congressional Representatives and Representative Jackie Speier by using www.senate.gov or www.house.gov and their legislative websites.  Representative Jackie Speier is a survivor of the Jonestown Massacre and is one of the few Representatives who does not use a Zip Code filter to eliminate correspondence with non-constituents.

With copying a pasting the template below and using Goggle Chrome's autofill feature, it should take less than 20 minutes to write to four Representatives.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

The following is a template of a letter similar to what I sent my Congressional:

Dear Senator or Honorable Representative:

I respectfully ask that you introduce or co-sponsor a bill to the 114th Congress by the end of March 2015 to revise the Tax Code to require that tax-exempt organizations protect children from sexual abuse instead of protecting and enabling pedophiles.

[Insert your personal experience(s) that justifies passing such a bill.]

[Insert your opinion about why you support this bill.]

If you are interested, please ask me to send to a Congressional staff-member or legislative-writer a rough-draft copy of the bill (~ 85% finished) with the following provisions:
    1. Insert a new sub-section in 26 U.S. Code § 501 to describe the criteria and process to suspend an organization's tax-exempt status, and would allow the IRS to charge all tax-exempt organizations a nominal annual fee (may be $10 to $50) to fund the effort.  Applicable tax-exempt organizations would be required to ensure that applicable adults pass a criminal background check and complete sexual abuse awareness training, to promote to members and employees to report suspected violent felonies to local law enforcement,  to prohibit using undue influence on members and employees, and to prohibit promoting bigotry, prejudice, and inciting hatred and civil unrest. 
    2. Amend 26 U.S. Code § 6033 to require that all tax-exempt organizations, including religious organizations that are currently exempt, to file annual reports and adds additional requirements about what to include in the annual reports.
    3. Amend 26 U.S. Code § 6104 to require the Treasury to provide free access to applications for tax-exemption and annual reports through the internet.  The Treasury would be prohibited from releasing personal contact information (not business contact information) through the internet.
    4. Create Section 520 to allow taxing of funds transferred from/to non-compliant organizations to reduce funding to such organizations. 

After reading the bill you will better understand how it will protect children from sexual abuse, prohibit promoting prejudice, bigotry, and hate-speech, and increase transparency and accountability by all tax-exempt organizations.

[Insert closing salutation]

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    If you have not already written to Representative Jackie Speier (or your representative) about revising the tax code to protect children from sexual abuse, please act now!  The following email from her office indicates that she might be interested in introducing such a bill (see sentence that I bolded in her email).

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,Robert
    The following is a template of a letter that you can send to Representative Jackie Speier at Congresswoman Jackie Speier - Email Jackie: 

Honorable Representative Jackie Speier:

I respectfully ask that you introduce a bill to the 114th Congress by the end of March 2015 to revise the Tax Code to require that tax-exempt organizations protect children from sexual abuse instead of protecting and enabling pedophiles.

[Insert your personal experience(s) that justifies passing such a bill.]

[Insert your opinion about why you support this bill.]

If you are interested, please ask Mr. Munoz Atkinson to send a rough-draft copy of a bill (~ 85% finished) with the following provisions to a Congressional staff member or legislative writer:

1. Insert a new sub-section in 26 U.S. Code § 501 to describe the criteria and process to suspend an organization's tax-exempt status, and would allow the IRS to charge all tax-exempt organizations a nominal annual fee (may be $10 to $50) to fund the effort.  Applicable tax-exempt organizations would be required to ensure that applicable adults pass a criminal background check and complete sexual abuse awareness training, to promote to members and employees to report suspected violent felonies to local law enforcement,  to prohibit using undue influence on members and employees, and to prohibit promoting bigotry, prejudice, and inciting hatred and civil unrest.
    1. Amend 26 U.S. Code § 6033 to require that all tax-exempt organizations, including religious organizations that are currently exempt, to file annual reports and adds additional requirements about what to include in the annual reports.
    1. Amend 26 U.S. Code § 6104 to require the Treasury to provide free access to applications for tax-exemption and annual reports through the internet.  The Treasury would be prohibited from releasing personal contact information (not business contact information) through the internet.
    1. Create Section 520 to allow taxing of funds transferred from/to non-compliant organizations to reduce funding to such organizations.

After reading the bill you will better understand how it will protect children from sexual abuse, prohibit promoting prejudice, bigotry, and hate-speech, and increase transparency and accountability by all tax-exempt organizations.

[Insert closing salutation]

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: [Deleted]
    Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:13 PM
    Subject: Responding to your message

February 12, 2015

Dear Mr. Munoz Atkinson:

Thank you for contacting me to share your proposal for new legislation. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this issue.

Through the legislative process, Congress takes ideas from citizens, community groups, and businesses and translates those ideas into the proposed legislation that become our laws. The sources of inspiration for these legislation proposals are as unlimited as our nation is diverse, and the input of citizens like you, bringing forward your ideas and proposals, is what makes this process work. I am always looking for new ways to help constituents like you in the 14 th district. I have forwarded your idea to my staffer who deals with this issue. I am in the early process of developing my legislative agenda for 2015 and will seriously consider your request.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this issue. Please know that I appreciate you bringing your idea to my attention, and I will keep it in mind as we continue to look for ways to address the critical issues facing our nation. I am honored to represent you in Congress. If you would like more information on my work in the 14 th congressional district, you can visit my  website , like my  Facebook page , or follow me on  Twitter . Through my website, you can send me opinions, request tours in DC, and get help on issues you might have with federal agencies. I hope you will write me in the future on matters important to you.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to me about this issue. Constituent letters are an important part of my decision making process. If you would like more information on my work in the 14thcongressional district, you can visit my website , like my Facebook page , or follow me onTwitter . Through my website, you can send me opinions, request tours in DC, and get help on issues you might have with federal agencies. Please contact me in the future if I may be of assistance to you.
                                                                                  All the best,

Jackie Speier
                                                                             Member of Congress 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit