The Extremes of The Watchtower Bible and Tract Scoiety

by The_Seeker 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THE SEEKER:

No wonder I never fit in with that religion and just as well I'm out...I'm independent by nature and not a born follower.

I joined the JWs because I was interested in end-time prophecy and I believed the liar who told me everybody there was "equal". With all the class distinctions it is anything but.

JAKEM2012:

I agree that it's all rules and regulations and has nothing to do with humane or Christian qualities. Unfortunately, many JWs are more interested in how they are perceived rather than how righteous they are inside as a person.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would change "many JW's" to "most JW's" LH Gal.

I never fitted in 100%, I was told that by an Elder after I left, that I was never a really 100% JW. And a lovely girl I met, now Ex JW herself, who I had known in my youth said they always thought of me as liberal and easy going.

This must have sprung from a certain amount of free thinking, but I still did not wake up until I was nearly 60 !

The Mind Control is so strong for a born-in like me, even if I did not swallow all the crap.

• The_Seeker
    The_Seeker

I was praised because I made good grades in school, as i made the local congregation look good to, " The World ",however,when I used the intellect that was given me to question their beliefs and doctrines I became an apostate. There is no easy way out of the Witnesses, no proven course of action that will lessen the pain of never speaking to friends and relatives again. It hurts. But Jesus said something that I have always remembered. " You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free ", but free of what ? In my case the dependence on an organized religion to go between me and my creator. As I have stated before I feel closer to God in the wilderness surrounded by creation and communing with nature. Yes, mind control is a very real part of being a witness, and fear is the catalyst that allows the mind control to take hold and forever change the way some people in the witnesses see the world. But, there are those of us who can break free from that control and look beyond the fear to see the world as it truly is when not demonized. I watch some of the broadcasts from JW.org and people much of it is almost infantile. The information is presented in a format that is not much different from the style my wife uses when she teaches her kindergarten class of 5 year olds. Do I still have any effects of the indoctrination I received as a child, yes I do, I don't trust any organized religion or the people who preach dogma as the way to commune with God. I have tried to be a member of organized religion on many occasions, but it just will not take in any shape form or fashion. So, I sometimes go to church, I sometimes go do ritual with the Wiccans, and sometimes I just go sit in the woods and marvel at how wonderful creation truly is and revel in being a part of it all. I worship by trying to help my fellow man when I can, maybe not with money, but with something much more precious, time. I look for the good in everyone, because when you look into the eyes of your fellow human, you are looking into the eyes of God. We were made in the image of God.

In Love and Peace

The Seeker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit