DF sitting together in KH

by chester 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

If two or more individuals are disfellowshipped ......for the same event........they are NOT have company with each other but are to trat each other as disfellowshipped. This rule applies to those who are simply "reproved" for an event they did together.......they are not to pal around.

This very thing happened to me and another brother for smoking pot in the 70's. We were reproved ( I was a MS at the time and lost my privledges ) He saw me one day driving and waved me over so we stopped and talked. Someone saw us because next meeting we were told not to associate with each other.

As far as I know there is no WRITTEN RULE on this particular situation.

As for sitting together in the hall........as far as 'WHAT IS WRITTEN" DISFELLOWSHIPPED PEOPLE ARE TO SIT........IN THE BACK OF THE HALL...........AND THAT'S ALL THAT IS SAID.

Gumby

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Df'ed people are not under the jurisdiction of the elders, and can sit together in the KHs and talk with each other outside as much as they want to. We never tried to mingle into such situations, and I was an elder for a quarter of a century. Any board of elders or individual elders doing anything with such situatins, are acting solely on their own and there is no need to pay any attention to them.

• blondie
    blondie
    Any board of elders or individual elders doing anything with such situatins, are acting solely on their own and there is no need to pay any attention to them.

OH, that may be true if you have no plans on being reinstated and do not need to depend on the good will of these same elders to determine you fit for that privilege of being reinstated. If you aren't planning on being reinstated, why attend the meetings.

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby
    Any board of elders or individual elders doing anything with such situatins, are acting solely on their own and there is no need to pay any attention to them.

In essence this is true........they don't have the right......but,

If I or my friend in the scenario above......would have disregarded their council on hanging out together..........we would have never recieved back our privledges and it could even lead to disfellowshipping. How? Because now we would be rebellious and not following the council.

Would they be in the right if they did? No Would myself and the other brother KNOW they were in the wrong? I probably wouldn't have and neither would he. What would happen if we DID know they shouldn't do that? We would ask for an appeal committee. Then what would happen? Well if the appeal committee were as ignorant of the situation as the original committee..........our asses would be grass.

The point is.........there are MANY cases in which publishers are reproved, and DFed on grounds that are not established by the society because dumbshit elders don't know their ass from a hole in the fround and neither do most publishers.

There are cases all the time where a CO finds out someone has been wrongly DFed.......and they "let it go" so as not to look like fools.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

the elders MADE a disfellowshipped woman go to a different cong. because her faithful husband would literally cry everytime he saw her. She committed adultery and wanted to get reinstated as soon as possible, while making plans to marry thr adulterer that she had been sleeping with. If she didn't go to the next town's cong. , it was viewed as not truly repentant.

• cellomould
    cellomould

tacky!

i often wonder why i have patience for this crapola

cellmould

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

blondie's quote from WT 81:

If a minor child is disfellowshiped, the parents will still care for his physical needs and provide moral training and discipline. They would not conduct a Bible study directly with the child, with him participating.

This has changed; apparently even the chowderheads at brooklyn realized that the evil wicked nasty abominable untouchable disfellowshiped children may be helped by being studied with; that, apparently a parent has to see to it that their child, so stupid to get into trouble also needs to have time spent with them.

Not being able to sit with other DF'd ones:

HOW MUCH F*CKING control will be enough for them?? Is there ANYTHING they can just SHUT THEIR MOUTH about??? Imagine a young adult who can't get married, too young and immature, can't have a sexual relationship because that means he is wicked, can't masturbate because that is unclean sexual appetite; he makes a mistake or two, feels guilty, listens to the counsel that implies that he has to confess to the elders (he does not of course; they admit that no one has to tell the elders anything to get forgiveness but then say that we go to them to get "help", ahem).

Now he is df'd, more lonely than before, can't associate in the hall or out, and now cannot even commiserate with others in the same sad lot as he is.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    As for sitting together in the hall........as far as 'WHAT IS WRITTEN" DISFELLOWSHIPPED PEOPLE ARE TO SIT........IN THE BACK OF THE HALL...........AND THAT'S ALL THAT IS SAID.

Interesting. Although I sat in the back anyway, I sometimes sat in the front as a DF person, and no one said anything to me. I think they were all afraid I'd go off on them and have a panic attack or something

Beryl

• benext
    benext

We had a couple of DF people in the old cong. that would stand outside after the meetings talking and laughing together. I don't know if anything was said to either about it. A pioneer sister once remarked how she couldn't go visit or call a sick sister because of the possible contact with the DF one. She was told if that person answered the phone or door to just ask for the person you came to visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit