Does God Exist? / Who is God? These are Questions which Lead nowhere. What is God Like, is the Correct Question.

by LAWHFol 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I'll only agree with you if you say that beginnings are like big bangs provided that big bangs are not viewed as starting from simplicity in the sense of it coming out of something lacking complexity. trying to be clear but failing I think?

I guess what I am trying to say is that out of processes come processes yielding novelty and ongoing processes in different combinations. for example the big bang may have been the start of our world but not of the world of processes.

edit: hope this doesn't sound like gibberish. But I think this is a basic assumption we make anyway when we talk about evolution (ie processes that lead other processes) and that ontoh when you say complexity from simplicity you are tracing the natural history of an organism when studying it minutely?

• prologos
    prologos
    Ruby456, If I can follow your thinking, - Are you trying to tie the beginning of the universe (big bang) with the beginning of life, abiogenesis? both were novelties, and processes have to be embodied. you are covering a lot of territory here. Could you try to approach your idea like it was a patent application. abstract, description, claims. ?
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456
    yes I am covering a lot of territory here but what I am trying to get away from is the idea of a beginning that is inherent in complexity from simplicity and also from creationism which is why I have emphasized process. I am trying to keep it simple.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456
    plus I don't want to stray too far from the op.
  • prologos
    prologos

Ruby, you gave me the idea, if god would have applied for a patent on the universe, would it be allowed, granted? it certainly would have the title " Method and Apparatus--" or your "process" and --"; it certainly would be a novelty. so:

as patent examiners, (and Albert was one), we have the (sometimes required) 'demonstration model' to prove that the invention actually works, but would we authenticate the applicant?

• cofty
    cofty
    I am trying to keep it simple.

Very unsuccessfully.

We were talking about the diversity of complex life.

A human is more complex than a prokaryotic cell. We got from A to B mainly by the action of evolution by natural selection. The big bang has nothing to do with it.

• OnTheWayOut
  • JWchange
    JWchange
    Good question! If ‘God’ means the Creator (or a Being) that caused or kick started life…YES. Using Drake’s equation, I am of the opinion there is a good probability of highly intelligent life on other planets and other dimensions, some benevolent others malevolent, that have the technology to do this. The Stargate SG1 series actually helped awaken me. I am also of the opinion there are certain substances such as ayahuasca (which some indigenous tribes called Yahweh), which open mental portals to these beings. Possibly why almost every mainstream religion is against ‘Spiritism.’
    Most scientists (superstring theory) currently believe there are 10 or 11 dimensions including time. Some believe that when Universes interact (watch Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman), new Universes are born. If there is a multiverse of universes, or potentially infinite Universes, there is a high probability a particular Being or Beings that have existed billions of years, have mastered the technology to create life, prolong theirs ‘for ever’, create other universes and possibly time travel. Look what Humans have achieved in one hundred years. Assuming we don’t blow ourselves up, and finally get world peace and unlimited energy, what can be achieved in 1000, 1 million or 1 billion years? If we had unlimited energy, Venus could be terraformed as the next overflow planet for humans to thrive.
    Furthermore, there is possibly an automation of things in the Universe/Multiverse, best explained by ‘The Force’ in Star Wars movies, Karma in Buddhist belief, Holy Ghost/Spirit in Christian belief. If a PHD student in 1 million years’ time, had a thesis to create life as intelligent as him, terraform a plant on a galaxy far far away, and allow free will, the questions this thesis could answer are: do I give them freewill? Do I allow war or holocausts? Do I allow a resurrection so that life that died due to bad luck or evil, get another chance?
    Please do not think I sit at home all day watching Sci Fi and Discovery Channel smoking Weed. It’s just an opinion, to invite comment. I am not suggesting I am right. However, what I do feel very strongly that I am right on, is a highly intelligent God/Creator has NOT appointed the Governing Body of JW’s to be the one and only true religion on planet Earth, and God’s mouth piece for the Human Race.
    So management summary of your question: YES. and if He/She gave me and my children life..I appreciate it.
  • cofty
    cofty
    The Stargate SG1 series actually helped awaken me

For me it was mostly reading stuff. Science, history, theology etc

Most scientists (superstring theory) currently believe there are 10 or 11 dimensions including time

Not really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit