Does God Exist? / Who is God? These are Questions which Lead nowhere. What is God Like, is the Correct Question.

by LAWHFol 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Ruby:
    there must Be something wrong with my rule.

Yes there is

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I once heard a very creative description...

..."'God' is the personification of the universe"...

Can't remember who said it, though.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    My take is, that we should not apply our, sometimes bleeding heart qualities*** and project them onto the creator.

Well, I will agree because, apparently, I and most others are better than this creator.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW
    how does Life go from simple to complex,

Evolution by natural selection

@Cofty There is no scientific model through testing or otherwise that will demonstrate even on the simplest level life going from simple to complex. If anything [using DNA as an example] we see life breaking down.

Each generation looses information in the DNA, mutations contaminate our dna structure as we loose information. Same thing happens with the breeding of dogs. In every instance we can prove that information is lost.

Yet you simply declare that life goes from simple to complex through evolution and natural selection. This my friend is a faith statement, not grounded in science, but scientism [the religion of science] you simply bought their dogma.

Peace

• prologos
    prologos
    otwo,"-- I and most others are better than this creator.--"
    but he has out-created all of us, so who are we to argue with reality as it has emerged? Is it not better to work with realities, the laws?

• cofty
    cofty
    There is no scientific model through testing or otherwise that will demonstrate even on the simplest level life going from simple to complex. If anything [using DNA as an example] we see life breaking down. - Saved JW

This is just plain wrong.

We can look at both paleontology and genetics to see countless amazing examples of increasing complexity.

One outstanding example is the evolution of the eye. Each stage on the sequence can not only be found in the fossil record it can be observed in the living world.

Similarly the evolution of limbs from lobe-shaped fins has been described in detail in recent years. Discoveries like Tiktaalik have filled in important pieces of evidence.

You could also do some research on Lenski's long-term experiment on E-coli. It demonstrates in real time the evolution of increased complexity.

Each generation looses information in the DNA, mutations contaminate our dna structure as we loose information. Same thing happens with the breeding of dogs. In every instance we can prove that information is lost.

Again this is a groundless assertion. Where on earth do you get such gibberish?

Who is the "we" that "can prove that information is lost"? It certainly isn't any scientist working in genetics. Is it some experiment you did yourself? You should publish your results. A Nobel prize awaits.

Firstly there is in such thing as "information" in DNA. Not in the sense that you mean. It is nothing more than a metaphor. The fact that you don't know that shows you know nothing about genetics or evolution. It is a silly argument that is repeated ad nauseum by creationists who have never read a science book in their life.

Some mutations are harmful, most are neutral and a few are useful. Natural selection favours the useful ones and weeds out the harmful.

Sometimes entire genes, chromosomes or entire genomes are replicated by copying errors. These duplicates provide raw material for future mutations resulting in increased complexity.

Our colour vision is an excellent example. The genes that code for the proteins that are sensitive to specific light frequencies were duplicated multiple times. Mutations then tuned these genes to different colours. Our ancestors had four opsin genes. We have only three. The exact mutations that result in various colour sensitivities are known precisely.

Yet you simply declare that life goes from simple to complex through evolution and natural selection.

No I don't. I study the evidence. I have been reading science for over a decade and I could give you lots and lots of examples to disprove your pseudoscience.

Please tell me specifically which science books that discuss the latest evidence for evolution you have read recently.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

SavedJW:

I also want to see this evidence. Please supply links or book references. As Cofty will tell you I had my doubts about evolution even though I was no theist. I read bad information that gave me a completely misguided picture of it and it may well be the same for you. If anyone can, Cofty can set you on the correct course of highly regarded scientists to set the record straight. All my initial questions have been answered and now I can't stop myself from devouring books on evolution. I've always loved science now it's an addiction.

• cofty
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

secret save class thx for understanding

saved jw

natural selection is only one of the mechanisms of evolution. There are many others. Indeed evolution by natural selection is rather like breeding something and is a great way of trying to understand a complex issue. thanks to cofty for trying and I def don't agree that he has bought the dogma of scientism.

my own opinion (after reading much and also delving into cosmology) is that evolution proceeds from complexity to complexity. But try teaching that for starters. It is impossible.

• cofty
    cofty
    my own opinion is that evolution proceeds from complexity to complexity

Obviously it began with something that was relatively less complex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit