Pat Robertson makes one last ''doomsday prediction''

by RULES & REGULATIONS 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Probably, along with his Miracle Wheaties.

Also, what a lovely lavender sweater.

• jhine
    jhine

TV evangelists aren't big or even small in the UK .

Religion generally in the US seems very different in America. I must admit that we British Christians do tend to roll our eyes and shake our heads at some of the antics . Which , paradoxically, is maybe not very Christian of us .

I think that Creflo Dollar is someone that maybe people are aware of . I believe that he did come over here a while back . However no one took any notice of him

I would say , to be fair to them , that UK JWs probably aren't as rabid as their US counterparts in general.

Jan

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    I would say , to be fair to them , that UK JWs probably aren't as rabid as their US counterparts in general.

"Prosperity Gospel" preachers like Jesse Duplantis, Creflo Dollar and Ken Copeland live in luxury with huge mansions and private jets. They put on a "holy act" to squeeze money out of naïve followers. They justify their lavish mode of travel by insisting they need private jets to effectively spread the word of God. Flying commercial airlines takes up too much time flying from city to city. A private jet gives them more comfort and more time to fleece their gullible followers.

MATTHEW 19: 21
    Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Kenneth Copeland : Always a charlatan, making Covid-19 go away!

https://youtu.be/0JPRvxTjfOk

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

The USA is supposedly the land of religious freedom (last time I checked). Many have fled here from Europe and elsewhere over the last century or so up until now either because they could not practice their religion or were in fear for their lives because of it.

The downside to this is that there is a proliferation of every type of religion, sect, cult, movement, group or whatever you want to call it. Whether anybody likes this or not or rolls their eyes this is the way it is (until it isn’t). Freedom is good but unfortunately can be taken advantage of.

I don’t consider myself at this point to be a religious person. I feel that religions should have a material and tangible benefit to the public if they don’t pay taxes! (And so-called free bible studies doesn’t cut it, in my opinion.) They better have material and not ‘spiritual’ 🙄 programs to help the needy and the youth in the community like some churches in Christendom do.

Otherwise they should not be allowed to exist.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I too consider myself as non religious more of a Buddhist, new age. I find groups like Jwism and others that don't serve any real purpose to the community as parasites and to be avoided.

• jhine
    jhine

I'm not saying that religious freedom and choice is bad, it's not .

The UK has religious choice and freedom, we just tend to choose to exercise that freedom in different ways to the US .

Most churches over here do work to help people. Food banks are common , groups for lonely people like lunch clubs are common. Plus lots of other initiatives. You don't have to be a member of the churches to make use of the help .

Mainstream churches in the US like Catholic churches probably do much the same.

Jan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, he looks like Darth Sidious.

HTF is this guy even still alive???

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

These guys just like our Fred Franz prophet fear death and fully believe the end will come in their lifetime....it doesn't and they die like all men

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit