Former Jehovah’s Witness jailed for child sex crimes

by Tahoe 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Lamont was kicked out of the Mundaring congregation in 1997 after one of his victims complained to other members, but was reinstated after doing counselling with elders.

should read "after a completely unqualified bunch of window cleaners in suits who though they had supernatural guidance decided he was 'cured of his gay' "

Counselling? ... ridiculous!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said Simon!

Knowing that congregation from that time, you have perfectly summed up those elders.

Also, if I remember correctly, the perpetrator's father was one of the local elders there. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure of it.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Good intel, @stuckinarut2. If this glaring scandal can't wake up your elder father, then it's time to pull the cord on his critical thinking. I'm calling it. 00:38 Australian Eastern Standard Time.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, @wake me, I have emailed him the official newspaper article with a simple line "hey dad, remember him?? how awful!"

Lets see if it makes him talk about the issues with the society for once...

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

So disgusting! Reminds me of a single elder who abused many young boys in our town. He would seek out single moms with young boys and slowly groom them for sexual abuse. He would take them to the movies or to watch sport events. He was disfellowshipped at least 3 times. According to my mom a lot of people knew about it-especially the elders but apparently no one reported it to the police as he never went to jail. He was still an elder when he died about 10 years ago of cancer I think. He was a severely overweight disgusting pig who should have died rotting in jail.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

OMFG I attended the same cong, my younger brother was one of his best friends.Our familys were/are close.Of course I never knew he had been DFed, I have been faded long time.I do feel for his aged parents, we know the Borg won't care about them. His Mum was one of the warmest loving people I remember.

The fallout from ARC continuues. That's two from the ARC personally known to me.The other was an elder when I was a boy, same congregation!

My BIL was also DFed for kid fiddling....another suppressed gay gone wrong. But that is another story, fortunately my sister was then able to divorce him "scripturaly"

Maybe I know you too stuckinarut2 ?

Edit: No stuck, the perpetrators father was never an elder, in fact he used to criticize the Borg quite strongly, his wife and kids were "in" the father tolerated it for sake of his marriage. My father however was an elder for a few years,and a near neighbor of the family, he probably knows all about it!

Edit 2; Well that is today gone, the floodgates of memory are breached ! Wife will have to be patient now, the JW crap runs deep!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If this prosecution has resulted from the A.R.C. into Child Sexual Abuse by Institutions then I hope that many more will follow suit.

Do any of you guys from the Perth area know of a Ron Sandilands ?

sorry nothing to do with the O.P.

Just that people from Western Australia might respond to this thread.

• zeb
    zeb
    The elders called the Police? It appears not.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi smiddy!

Yes, I know Ron Sandilands. Tell me more!.....

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi,stuck ... I have sent you a pm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit