2018 BRANCH ORGANIZATION Manuel Says The members of the Governing Body do not regard themselves as the leaders of Jehovah's people.

by Fabian 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    "The Governing Body is organized to take the lead as Jehovah directs it by holy spirit. "

Clearly Jehoover doesn't know what he is doing then...either that or the Holy Spirit doesn't want to co-operate because if there is any direction it is clearly wrong given all the changes in the recent years.

Question...I used to knock on doors and tell everyone that this "literal" generation of people in 1914 would see "the end of the system". I was directed to do so by the GB via their approved publications as there was a whole damn chapter devoted to the "Generation" in the Knowledge book.

That was wrong according to the current teachings...so who got it wrong? Was it:

• Jehoover directing incorrectly?
    • The GB not applying the correct direction?
    • The HS not conveying Jehoover's thoughts to the GB correctly?

Either one of those has to be right and if any are right then you can't ever trust the direction coming from the GB ergo like the "scripture" says...do not follow men.

Hence I exited. Logic wins.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The top executive directors as in their legal title are also the godly directed spiritual leaders (FDSL) of the JWS .

In recent times the GB men have tried to make a clear distinction of that as a means to distance themselves from the operation and activity of the WTS/JWorg.

The Watchtower Corporation by their proclamation is separate from that spiritual guidance therefore making that operation capable and prone to sin as its run by imperfect ones.

Pretty convenient to have both ways wouldn't you say ?

• waton
    waton

They want to govern, as in Governing Body, but do not want to be leaders.They do not want jws to follow their lead, they want to jws to give, while the governors receive.

Do as we say, not as we do. how true!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In reality they demand loyalty particularly to set established doctrines, speak out in opposition or act against those doctrines (laws of behavior) and you will be judged and published .

In essence they are the kings of this Kingdom and have the controlling power over its subjects.

They took the power of god unto themselves to accomplished this in spite from a scriptural viewpoint they were and are apostate false Prophets.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Right, they're not "leaders"... they simply "take the lead".

Weasel-words or what? Jeezus, my eyes just rolled so hard I saw my own brain.

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs do't deserve to be defended.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They are not leaders....they just take the lead. ??????

• blondie
    blondie

Matthew 15:14

Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BluesBrother - "They are not leaders... they just take the lead???"

If any loyal JW actually says that, just respond with, "Um... how does that work, exactly? "

• OrphanCrow
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

In my quick read of the thread I didn't see this mentioned.

Isn't it correct that the Bible says that " we do not know who the FDS is until after Jesus returns? That when Jesus returns it is the end of the world as we know it and the time of armageddon?

Isn't this what The GB ember said it was "presumptious" of the GP to say they were the only ones speaking for the Holy Spirit or Jesus or Jehovah. Since Jesus has not officially identified his FDS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit