All It Takes Is ONE!

by John Aquila 15 Replies latest jw friends

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I’ve been reading all these posts about Bethelites and Special Pioneers being kicked out in the street and being forced to get a job to provide for themselves.

And I’m trying to put myself in their situation and feel the emotions that must be going through their mind.

What if my wife and I both dropped out of school to pioneer and got married at 18. And what if we were very faithful in listening to “Everything” the organization says.

So we obey when they tell everyone that it would be better if young married couples held out on having kids and wait till the NEW ORDER.

And we obey when they tell everyone that it would be better if married couples work part time and pioneer.

And we obey when they tell everyone that it would be better if married couples move to pioneer where the need was greater.

And as the years pass by, we see couples our age having children, buying homes, enjoying grandchildren and saving for retirement.

And it kind of saddens us!

The years pass by and we are now in our 40s and going door to door by ourselves because the congregation we have been assigned to does not really support us. And my wife expresses sadness because she always wanted to have children and I try to comfort her with the words; “Jehovah will bless us hon.”

In our fifties we both lose our parents and we have deep feelings of regret that we didn’t spend much time with them when they were alive. And we are especially pained that we were not there the day they passed because we were told our assignment were more important.

We are now in our 60s and we are still here in this wicked system. My wife has been getting these pains in her abdomen and we decide to tell WT headquarters to see if they can help.

But before we have a chance we get a letter that we have been dismissed from Special Pioneering and I need to find a job.

We have no family alive to go to. So we stay where we are and I start looking for jobs at hamburger joints, landscaping, and construction, anything no matter how hard. But I keep hearing the same words;

“Your kind of old for the Job, so sorry!”

I never built up Social Security or any kind of net to fall on.

Then it happens, my wife starts having severe pains and I have to take her to the hospital. As I talk to admitting, the first thing they ask is;

“What Insurance do you carry?”

This causes a delay in admitting my wife but when she falls to the floor, they take her immediately but won’t let me go with her. I still need to explain why I have no insurance or a job. But thank goodness two elders arrive to help. I explain the situation to them so they can help. And their first words after I finished explaining the situation are;

“You know she can’t take blood, right”

As soon as they say those words the doctor comes in and tells me my wife is hemorrhaging internally and needs blood.

The elders immediately speak up and tell the doctor, “We are Jehovah’s Witness and don’t take blood.

And a battle of words between the elders and the doctor begins. Finally the doctor leaves in frustration. And 30 minutes later the doctor returns and tells me;

“I’m Sorry, your wife passed”

Now I’m in my late 60s and my wife is gone, I’m jobless, and have no family to turn to.

I go home all by myself to a dingy apartment. As the days pass by, I do odd jobs and I’m able to save some money. Yet I feel life is not worth living anymore. I’m thinking of ending my life because I just can live like this anymore. And those thoughts are getting more intense and more regular. So I buy a gun and get the internet to try to learn how to use it.

As I type in the search engine; “Learn to use a gun”

The computer screen is populated with different websites on guns. After an hour of reading and before I disconnect, I type in “Jehovah”

And the screen populates. One topic catches my attention.

“JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES TOOK MY WIFE”

I click, and that was the beginning of TTATT.

I spend hours and hours reading experience after experience of the deception, lies, and pain the GB has caused families.

I keep working and buy a rifle, keep working and buy a couple automatic rifles, I start stockpiling on ammunition.

A year and a half has passed since I found out ttatt.

I feed the stray cat that shows up at my door every morning. I get my back packs, my suitcases, and pick up my one way ticket and close the door behind me………………..

There are so many people that are being kicked out after sacrificing their life to the Borg.

All it takes is ONE

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    You sir are a drama queen! lol. I was with you till the dying wife and ammo stockpile.
  • Simon
    Simon
    And I’m trying to put myself in their situation and feel the emotions that must be going through their mind.
    What if my wife and I both dropped out of school to pioneer and got married at 18 ...

I agree, the whole situation is very sad for those involved. Some will feel duped, finding out too late that it was all a con. But was it and were they?

Did they investigate any of the claims before giving up so much?

It's sad but there surely has to be some measure of personal responsibility along the way. Everyone has choices to make and has to live with them. We can't blame everything that happens to us on someone else.

Maybe these experiences will act to dissuade others in future from making the same mistakes. But I doubt it. There will always be someone willing to believe blindly. At least the information people need is now just a Google query away. It's a shame that those in their 50's + didn't have the same access to information.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Maybe these experiences will act to dissuade others in future from making the same mistakes. But I doubt it

I hope your wrong, I really hope experience after experience keeps being posted on the internet. And movies and news stories on TV keep popping up. The more experiences are floating around, the more exposure to the WT. And the more exposure, the stronger the case is made that the WT is revealed for what it really is-----A Dangerous Cult.

• clarity
    clarity

Well John ...I am with you .....not your story I hope but this is a reality. (don't know about all those guns but..) Younger people may not realize it yet but after 50 there are so many losses. Parents friends siblings health. If children were born to you ........ all you have to do is question the gb, speak badly about the new lite, stop believing and have a "brazen" attitude and guess what ..............they take your children, their loyalty is now to 7 men in Brooklyn! Not you. So you become elderly ...they don't care. The society keeps hammering on all that crap with everything they write. If any are in this situation NEVER give up! Fight them - expose them!

clarity

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    clarity
    Well John ...I am with you .....not your story I hope

Not my story, but I know several, especially sisters who gave up everything and are now hitting their 70s and all alone and living in a dingy place. Some of them have asked me; "What happened, why is the New Order not here yet" I just feel absolutely furious they did this to them. Now can you imagine all the Special Pioneers they are firing who are approaching elderly status?

• Sabin
    Sabin

John Aquila another beautifully written thread. That I fear is how it will be for many. Surly it would have been a kindness on the part of the borg to get the younger ones integrated back into society as I would be so much easier for them to cope.

Simon, I`m afraid that I feel the Borg is absolutely responsible for these ones fate. You have to remember these people believed they were serving their heavenly father, many would be completely sincere in their endeavours, is a child to blame for the abuses inflicted on it by an unloving parent. I know what your going to say they aren't children, but we are all children of God at least according to the Borg. Now many of the ones dropped will feel abandoned & that will have a profound effect on their mental & emotional well being. I think it is cruel.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I know what your going to say they aren't children,
    but we are all children of God at least according to the Borg.

No, Sabin, actually the WT does not say that.

w87 3/15, p. 15, par. 17 - - “These with earthly prospects are declared righteous and enjoy peace with God even now, not as sons, but as‘friends of God,’ as was Abraham.”
    w12 7/15, p. 28, par. 7 - - “Although Jehovah has declared his anointed ones righteous as sons and the other sheep righteous as friends on the basis of Christ’s ransom sacrifice…”
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A sad "story" yes...

In the end though, each individual has the opportunity to use their minds and research faith, and religious ties before giving up control over their life and circumstances....

• Sabin
    Sabin

Oh oppostate you are right, I remember in 1 of the books it said they will be adopted as children only at the end of the 1000 years when they attain perfection (worship book I think) well that has to be wrong cause the anointed are imperfect while on earth as well so they cant be considered God`s children either, that would just be hypocritical. So I`ve decided it`s what I believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit