Did God create life? Did life have a beginning?

by quincemyles 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quincemyles
    quincemyles
    Life is passed on from previously existing life. Life can not be created but can be destroyed. This rule has never been broken. Life was not created as the Jehovah's witnesses believe. Life has always existed, Science teaches that life had a beginning, well, that too aren't correct. Once science gets a good universal definition of what life is, then they may be able to come to the conclusion that life had no beginning. Random thoughts.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Coffty facepalm incoming in 3....2...1.
  • prologos
    prologos

quincemyles

"that too aren't correct."-- that ain't correct-- there, fixed that for you.

'universal definition' are you talking about in-organic life of some sort?

• Simon
    Simon
    Life can not be created but can be destroyed.

Who said? Isn't life is created each time there is a new life?

Do you honestly think you could just keep going back and back in time and never get to an origin?

The trouble is our minds struggle with "time" as a dimension in the same way we struggle with space and infinity - the universe is infinite ...right? But there is an "edge" to it that you can never get too.

Same with time. The lack of universe before it began means there would be no time either (linked to gravity) so no "before" the universe.

Once science gets a good universal definition of what life is, then they may be able to come to the conclusion that life had no beginning

That makes no sense to me. Once we understand something we know how it works and where it came from. The explanation of "always been here" or "super being made it" (same claim really) is just a cop-out because of lack of understanding.

• cofty
    cofty
    Science teaches that life had a beginning, well, that too aren't correct.

Why not?

Life is not a thing. It is a process.

Read a book. Try "What is Life" by Andy Pross.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    "Life has always existed,... "

It would have had a tough time during the big bang though...but that's only if you subscribe to such outlandish notions such as the big bang.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    random thoughts indeed....
  • prologos
    prologos
    It would have had a tough time during the big bang though. Saintbertholdt
    Roger Penrose opined that all kinds of info came through our last BB. Hawking thinks now, that all info is not lost in a black hole. Energy is now believed to be a property of the void.-- so, why would life not flourish in a salad word like that?
    seeing the amazing drive of living things, it is easy to imagine that the potential for this process to start is an inherent property of the energy+information(law) mix of the beginning, and is triggered whenever the right conditions evolve.
    quincemyles, would you gives us your idea on the pre-organic life form you have in mind?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Spock to Kirk " it's life Jim, but not as we know it"

As to the question " Did God create life? Did life have a beginning?

A) Everything has a beginning a middle and an end.

B) We may not realise what stage we are in?

C) Maybe this life and not death is the end?

We can presume there was some organic slime that created life, but maybe the slime was second. Maybe the beginning of all things was a Hunan brain the size of this globe which gradually dried up and in dying secreted the slime.( sourced from a book I once read)

So to conclude in my opinion the ANSWER to your QUESTIONS dont exist yet. Some may disagree and say they have those answers? But until those ANSWERS exist with conclusive proof for " ME" it's a mystery.

I am grateful for many questions that have been bought to my attention on this forum. I have concluded, the W.T has done a great deal of damage to more life's than I realised. It makes the little bit of suffering I have endured, seem less significant. I have also concluded that for " ME" too much thinking on two many philosophical subjects is shit.

Why do I say that? Because I am more happy with the breeze on the lake, looking at an ant and simply being grateful I am alive than spending my life searching for answers on God.

The Rebel.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Life can not be created but can be destroyed

If you're referring to laboratory experiments, life hasn't been created yet from non-living matter.

Scientists have apparently created self-replicating synthetic life by engineering DNA and inserting this into cells.

These organisms have their own domain name - Synthetica.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit