No the WT Borg is not closing! That's Wild Dreaming!

by DwainBowman 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Who said it was closing?
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    My opinion - Mismanagement. WTS has always been reticent about bringing in outsiders and exposing them to such confidential items as financial documents. Whatever educated JWs who were advising them on financial matters were in way over their head and the problem was discovered too late. I do agree that this is a symptom of a much larger problem that is related to their contraction policy of late, but it's hard to connect the dots on a notoriously penurious organisation being this far in the hole and it's all to do with falling donations. The sale of the Brooklyn properties should have been enough to at least keep them temporarily afloat.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So if you sum it up the organization is getting stronger not weaker

I also disagree with this. The new, younger JW is not totally captive to the cult. They may attend meetings and put in token hours in Field Service (I mean Starbucks), but they are all coasting. They do not know the doctrines. They cannot teach the doctrines. The do not have any Bible Studies. They are a la carte JWs. They take what they like and leave the rest. They are in it for the social network it provides. The might talk the talk, but they are not looking at i like your Grandfather's Religion. You can't really tell if their JWs, Catholics, Protestants, etc.

Most importantly...........they aren't giving much money.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Closing: No

Reinventing: Yes

"We all must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether they seem strategic from a human standpoint or not''

You never know, lol

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

To me they seem to be cutting off any expensive nonessentials so that all funds go directly to HQ.

Prolly all part of the plan.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Back in May 2015, S.Lett, GB, let JW know that WT is loosing money. He said that more is going out than coming in. I don't think he was lying. Usually, a business cannot stay open for long if it looses money. The solution to the crisis is to make more money or to drastically cut expenses or both.

With the JW org up, I suppose that a lot of people do not realize that the downloaded lit is not Mcdonald's napkins. People's hearts should move them to donate. There's a lot of lit being downloaded and there should correspondingly be a lot of donations coming in, seems that there isn't.

WT does not tithe its members but trusts that God will move the hearts of people to donate and also trusts that God will back the WT financially, regardless. The WT produces Bibles and Bible commentaries; Tangibly, that is what WT has to offer. People need to realize that WT cannot sell these goods without being taxed -and so the donation arrangement as everybody knows. As it turns out, the money is not coming in in-spite of the literature being taken. With the large amounts of literature being taken in printed form and in electronic format, the corresponding donations should keep the WT in business and in great financial shape. But that is not the case., the money that is donated does not cover WT expenses according to Let. The WT has assets, but they will dwindle little by little with no income unless donations to backup the WT start pouring in. In the meantime, WT needs to cut all non essential spending as the first step to survival.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Agreed!! Without this ''donation system'' the JW society and it's assets are in dire jeopardy!! big time.
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Mine was cut off on right side too, thought it was cause I am using my Kindle. Put it in the larger reading mode and it is fine.

Anyway, what I keep thinking with all the changes and what is going on in Australia, even when dubs are shown the reports from reputable news sources and they say they are lies...all I can think of is how far gone they are and I have no hope of any of my family ever waking up and breaking free. That makes me very sad. I lose a lot of respect for them too. 😢

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They are not closing just have to change the way they do business. They loose money printing so their going to video it's a lot less expensive. They are consolidating kh's because that will allow them to make the most money per building the rest will be sold. It also will make it look as though people are still coming to the halls. Real-estate may also be looked at as a bad idea because they maybe able to make a better return on investment investing somewhere else. Also the buildings they build are not very attractive to the rest of the world. So I believe they will continue to suck money from the rank and file and invest it somewhere until there's nothing left to suck.
  • apostrate
    apostrate

X-JW's be very careful!!! Many are looking forward to the collapse of the WT Society with the same eagerness and anticipation that they once had for the collapse of "this system of things".

Don't be fooled again!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit