Elders get Paid??

by jwundubbed 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I just did a Google search to see if I could find out if my old Kingdom Hall was still there, in the town I grew up in. Google has generated questions. The first question asked how much Jehovah's Witness elders get paid. Is this for real?

Zip Recruiter

Top Earners Annual Salary: $90,500; Top Earners Monthly wage: $7,541

75th Percentile Annual: $70,500; 75th Percentile Monthly: $5,875

Average Annual: $59,723; Average Monthly: $4,976

25th Percentile Annual: $49,000; 25th Percentile Monthly: $4,083

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

No elders in this area driving new cars or flaunting wealth. Most are hold cleaning jobs, very few pension jobs, never heard of that.

Now a recruiter- that's funny - aren't all JW's recruiters?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

There are websites where people can enter basic position and salary info. I doubt that those get vetted in any way, so you can find fake salary info for all kinds of jobs, careers, positions, etc.

The WTS give a very small stipend to travelling overseers. If they were paying elders $50-90,000 per year, it would be one of the largest religious groups in the country.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I didn't think they got paid. The Elders I knew always had hard work/low pay jobs. Maybe the website also assumes that JW Elders are the same as religious leaders in other religions?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Utter twaddle ! Elders work hard behind the scenes preparing talks and meeting parts. They travel to Elders meetings and to deliver the talks at their own expense , Secretaries do paperwork, probably computer work these days.... all without payment.

If I had been on that sort of money it would have been harder to leave.

• Biahi
    Biahi

This organization wants the money flowing only one way, their way. They don’t like to part with it. Pay elders? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

That's just click bait. Elders Paid? Never was, never will be.

• blondie
    blondie

No, elders are not paid by the WTS, not yet any way.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

No elder is paid anything,,it's just free labor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit