For those of you who is contemplating leaving the Borg, consider...

by James Mixon 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I know it's not easy for you to walk it's a big decision, family and etc.

If you are afraid consider this. I have been here for a few years and I can count on one hand from posters who made the statement, I can't take it anymore, I'm going back.

What is it that members here have given up their family and friends to be free. Is it so we can have sinful fun, we are our own person and no one will tell us what to do?

Why have ones here turn their back on a religion they were born in, walk and is not thinking about returning. Is Satan that powerful that he makes you think, Jehovah organization is a Big lie. It makes you sick inside just the thought of returning, what the hell is it.

It would have been a easy transition for me if places like this was around when I left.

• Simon
    Simon

We can never judge other people's circumstances or why they go back. I feel sad that anyone ever feels they need to but can understand them wanting to because of family and we shouldn't judge them for it.

I think we're luck to discover the real truth though. Some leave (or worse, are kicked out) and live their lives in dread that it actually is the truth and they are going to die because of their failings.

Personally, our lives hardly changed at all because of leaving. I think most people discover that it is *them* who are decent people and not the WTS that made them so.

We don't need rules or regulations or threats to live a good life, bring up our kids to be kind and respectful (and questioning) etc...

The stories of people immediately becoming promiscuous drug users after walking out of the KH are just made up from the pages of the WTS.

I also feel sorry for the relative who are still *in* who are refusing contact with their relatives (us!) thinking that eventually they / we will be compelled to return.

I ain't going back for nothing and no-one.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Simon: I here you "I ain't going back for nothing and no-one".
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    "The stories of people immediately becoming promiscuous drug users after walking out of the KH are just made up from the pages of the WTS."

Some ex-JWs do self-destruct upon leaving the Watchtower so I wouldn't doubt the veracity of some of the negative experiences used by Watchtower. Some born-ins, because of being repressed their whole lives as JWs, engage in reckless "sin binging" upon leaving. It's like they're trying to enjoy all the things they couldn't when they were JWs. But they're not typical of those who leave.

The problem is that these minority reckless individuals are used by Watchtower as if they represent the typical scenario of those who leave. These negative experiences are given prominence while those ex-JW who move on to live ordinary successful lives are never mentioned by Watchtower.

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

I don't read this as passing judgement, I read it as a frank question so have a slightly different response.

What was it for me? That I filled my life with other things (higher education), was living with a non-believer and those JWs who knew me thought I was spiritually weak anyway so quickly drifted away from me before I ever left and as a result they never kept me guilt tripped in. As part of my higher education, I moved towns. Never knew TTATT. Now my life does not exist in the WT sense so I would never consider going back - with or without TTATT.

Agree the support received in this forum is great but it's no comparison to the face to face relationships that humans thrive on (whether positively charged or negatively charged). Once you are out and have that hardened affirmation (that your choice was the right one for you to make at the time), seeing these fabulous forums is refreshingly supportive. But I dare say when you are in it, it's unknown territory! That fear factor like Simon suggests can be debilitating!

• Simon
    Simon
    Agree the support received in this forum is great but it's no comparison to the face to face relationships that humans thrive on

I agree. I think the mistake many ex-JWs make is thinking they are still limited in who they can associate with. They swap JWs for ex-JWs but ultimately you don't really have that much in common other than the shared 'club' past.

It's much healthier to build some new acquaintances outside the WTS influenced world.

That doesn't mean I don't think people should have ex-JW friends at all. They are great because they understand without a long explanation and you can have things in common beyond the WTS. Just that the arbitrary limit can be, well, limiting!

Making real deep friendships based on who people are is far more important than a once-shared-past IMO.

• vinman
    vinman

You never want to return because it is soooooo depressing. It is as depressing as attending a small town legislature session or the DMV. With all the undue influence going on it feels dangerous. You remember how "good" you fealt in the past when you were there. But you can't remember whatever made it "good". What was going through your mind? You now know, not much.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Island Man; My two sons "reckless behavior". The problem, they believed

it was the truth and they were going to have all the fun before the end came.

Not until they realized it was a lie they both made big changes.

I was told by a family member that my ex-JW wife said, I did a fine job

with the boys today they are men...

Mary J: Yes that unknown territory can be very scary.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

vinman:"you never want to return because it is sooooo depressing". Like I said

Satan have done a hell of a job, LOL.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Many members when leaving the mental confines of the WTS self-destruct due to the overwhelming freedom they have instantly acquired. I say many, as there as just as many if not more, many more, who are sincere Christians looking for the truth. Those that do self-destruct is due to being mentally free but also to 'try' the things they were prohibited from doing for so many years. Many of these people if they survive their initiation/experimental stage, will usually revert back to being God fearing persons.

I personally could not see myself going back to something I know is false. It's just not in me to worship to the tune of false prophets. If I did, what would Jehovah say? What would Christ say? How did Jehovah feel when his loyal servants worshiped what they knew was false? It is worse now that the GB has revamped the Organization book where they fall all over each other trying to explain how a governing body DID exist and operate in biblical times. That's hogwash and the explanations offered in the book I personally, have taken them apart in a matter of minutes.

The org has continued to morph into the beast that it is today and from the looks of it, the GB is clamping down on their authority not asking members but rather demanding loyalty of them bible scripture be damn. It's sort of shocking to see so many teachings twisted and accepted by the majority as truth although they will change later on. I hope to live to see the day when Jehovah/Yahweh/God brings this monster down and introduces the pure unadulterated biblical teachings where members are free to worship without someone telling them where, how, and when.

I don't know if the recent developments is God rendering divine justice but it does look like it and the GB is now scrambling and battening down the hatches.

Bottom line, I pray for all the sincere brothers and sisters who have been swindled and taken captive by these ungodly men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit