Jw.org news about new assignment

by Gorbatchov 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Oh, so that's why he's stocking up on the Scotch bottles, I would think the liquor stores in the Philippines aren't as stocked with the good stuff as they are here in U.S.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, Gorby needs a new native-English-speaking proofreader...

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

If you're gonna fake a screenshot, at least do it right.

After many years of faithful service, Brother Anthony Morris III has decided to step down from his responsibilities as a member of the Governing Body and other various comittees.

Brother Morris has served Jehovah faithfully for decades as a full time servant. His experience as one "taking the lead" amongst Jehovah's people will serve him well in his new assignment in the Highlands of Scotland.

"The time I spent on the Governing Body has been a humbling experience," Brother Morris said in a statement. "I am grateful to Jehovah for giving me the opportunity to serve him in my new assignment and look forward to sampling the local flavor of Scotland. I also eagerly anticipate visiting the region of Islay. Jehovah's blessings are as restful as peat-smoked malted barley. Remember the words of our Lord Jesus when he said, 'The kingdom of the heavens is like a single-malt small batch...few are the liters getting in.'"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

clearly a late April fools joke,but I wonder if the decision makers of the WTS realise how much improvement there would be in their organisation if this obsessed,judgemental moron was shunted somewhere else? same with Lett, still them them carry on causing embarrassment

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    clearly a late April fools joke,but I wonder if the decision makers of the WTS realise how much improvement there would be in their organisation if this obsessed,judgemental moron was shunted somewhere else? same with Lett, still them them carry on causing embarrassment

That's what makes me think that there's no secret cabal controlling the org from behind the scenes. It's these morons themselves. Because anyone else that's using them as a front would realize they're a weak link in the chain.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Bad Gorby! Bad!

Personally I'm a bit frightened of this strange new world where things can be so easily faked. How long until virtually any text, image, audio or video can be faked to a level that is indistinguishable from the real thing? And then how will we be able to trust anything in the world?

When any piece of evidence can be faked to be indistinguishable from the real thing, how can journalists do their work, or lawyers, or judges, or historians, or anyone else? How will society function?

The more I think about it the more I think this could be a real threat to life and civilisation as we know it.

• blondie
    blondie

BTW is his name Antony or Anthony?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Jehalapeno, you're lucky I finished my coffee before I read your post.

• careful
    careful

SBF, fakes and even Photoshop have been around for years now.

"how will we be able to trust anything in the world? .... How will society function? ... this could be a real threat to life and civilisation as we know it."

The sky is not falling. The world is not collapsing. Calm down.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's Dutch - cheap - fun.

You know, it's my way to deal with jw frustrations.

Childish, for sure!

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit