#100 Women

by Lost in the fog 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

In the UK the BBC has been celebrating the role of women who have made a difference to the world. They have focused on 100 women in particular who have taken a lead in various professional jobs.

Isn't it sad that we'll never see a Jehovah’s Witness woman appearing on such a list because of the misogynistic attitude within their organisation.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwisqJ7mzejeAhWO66QKHUHdCJ8QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-46225037&psig=AOvVaw0oA7zmQDlBTBoGxvw1KMve&ust=1542996975621442&cshid=1542910573178

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Excellent!

Some genuinely influential people on the list, including STEM professors and best-selling authors.

Maybe a few too many 'activists' for my liking and I'm not sure why Chelsea Clinton makes the list but still, pretty good ...

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm not sure why Chelsea Clinton makes the list

Because she's done so much for ... erm ...

Yeah.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Chelsea Clinton???

What about Chelsea Manning? American activist, whistleblower, politician (ran for the senate in 2018), and former United States Army soldier.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I didn`t see Barbara Anderson on the list ,she would get my vote.

And Julia Gillard the first Australian woman PM got on this list ? Well I guess that counts for something .

Did a first female Astronaught /Cosmonaught or maybe I should say the first female into space make this list ?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Fabiola Gianotti, 58 - Particle physicist, Italy.

Fabiola is a particle physicist and became director general of Cern, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, in 2016.

I didn't know this! Great thread.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

OK my bad this is for the year 2018 i should have not jumped in too soon without reading it properly .

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I'm not sure why Chelsea Clinton makes the list

Because her dad was the president.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

We could talk about what these hundred women have achieved, or we could just talk about Chelsea Clinton........ Why am I not surprised

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

We definitely should talk about the 99 women.

Julia Gillard the former PM of Australia asked for the royal commission on institutional response to child sex abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit