Jesus' instruction for the witnessing work in Luke 24

by Kosonen 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Jesus told simply and plainly what he wanted his disciples should go and preach about. He said the same day he went up to heaven in Luke 24:46-48

46 and he said to them, “This is what is written: that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, 47 and on the basis of his name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem. 48 You are to be witnesses of these things.

Have you ever heard that the WT focused on this instruction? I checked the WT online library and in the index these scriptures had not been dealt a single time according tho the index 1986-2023.

I think they should as Jesus instructed focus on this in their preaching work. But instead they teach anything else but not this. For example this week at the life and ministry meeting they teach say this when you preach: Why do we suffer?

And then read:

James1:13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.

And for the return visit read this scripture:

1John 5:19 We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

I think it would be better to preach about the thing Jesus instructed. That would be according to his will and also Jehovah God's will.

And the WT explanations about why God has not yet ended sufferings are not exactly accurate either.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Yes, during the tribulation ahead, the preaching message will be simple. "The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near."🙂 We won't need a fancy committee or governing body or church headquarters to explain what the message should be. It's already in the book!

As you go, preach saying: "The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near."

The message hasn't changed. There is no special "hailstone message" that is going to be conveyed or something by some GB/FDS. The message is the same. "The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near." That will be the message until Jesus comes on the clouds and everybody sees him. Then we won't have to share that message anymore, because everybody will see that he'll be here and it will be obvious.☺️

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, concerning kings and all those who are in high positions, so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion and seriousness. This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth."

(As regards the hail of Revelation, the hail plague is on religion, it's describing part of the attack of the UN on religious institutions.

"And I will make justice the measuring line

And righteousness the leveling tool.

The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies,

And the waters will flood out the hiding place.

Your covenant with Death will be dissolved,

And your agreement with the Grave will not stand.

When the raging flash flood passes through,

You will be crushed by it.

As often as it passes through,

It will sweep you away;

For it will pass through morning after morning,

During the day and during the night.

Only terror will make them understand what was heard." (Isaiah 28:17-19))

• Kosonen
    Kosonen
    mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle
  • Kosonen
    Kosonen

Yes, that's one more scripture once again about it.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

In addition Jesus said: Luke 17;21 nor will people say, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For look! the Kingdom of God is in your midst.”

How was the Kingdom of God in their midst? Simply Jesus refered the Kingdom of God to himself.

So the God news about God's Kingdom are in other words God news about Jesus.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Interesting also what Jesus said here Luke 9:27 "But I tell you truly, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death at all until first they see the Kingdom of God.”

And the fullfilment occured a few days later in the "transfiguration vision".

(Verses 29-36)

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

But of course I believe that Jesus will have help from 144000 kings and priests to rule over mankind for 1000 years.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

But of course I believe that Jesus will have help from 144000 kings and priests to rule over mankind for 1000 years.

Can you just imagine that ?

144,000 and one , different opinions on how to rule over mankind for a thousand years ?

Babylon`s experience will pale into insignificance if that ever takes place !

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Let's some math. Let's say at the end of the 1000 reign there will be 10 000 000 000 people/144 000= 69 444

One anointed for 69 000 people on earth. That would mean busy job.

Don't take this as a prediction. This is just an illustration.

Isaiah 32:1 Look! A king will reign for righteousness, And princes will rule for justice.

The king refers to Jesus, and logically the princes would then mean the 144000.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Kosonen: From a purely Biblical point of view, only the 11 apostles at the transfiguration + Saul/Paul (not every Christian) were selected to fulfill Matthew 24:14 in the 1st century, and they did!

(Luke 2:1) Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Au·gusʹtus for all the inhabited earth to be registered.

(Acts 2:5) At that time devout Jews from every nation under heaven were staying in Jerusalem.

(Acts 11:28) One of them named Agabus stood up and foretold through the spirit that a great famine was about to come on the entire inhabited earth,

(Colossians 1:23) ...not being shifted away from the hope of that good news that you heard and that was preached in all creation under heaven.

(1 Timothy 3:16) Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’

At the time of the end, only the 2 witnesses & the angel in midheaven are assigned to do the preaching work - not any religious group. (Revelation 11:3-13; 14:6) IMO

What are they - kings or princes????? They can't be both.

Psalm 45:16 - Your sons will take the place of your forefathers. You will appoint them as princes in all the earth." (not heaven)

Revelation 5:10 (K.I.T.) also says they will "reign" upon the earth - not over/above it in heaven.

According to the Bible, there aren't going to be 144,001 Melchizedeks/High Priests in heaven, there's only one.

If there were, then the "scales of justice" will be seriously imbalanced due to Christ's ransom buying back something far greater than what Adam lost. Ransoms don't work that way.

Doesn't look like any humans are destined/entitled to a promotion in heaven, except one, who was the first & the last to do so. (John 3:13; Acts 2:34) IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit