First year with baby!

by Darkknight757 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I wanted to share a few recent pics of Izabella with everyone. This week marks her one year since her coming home from NICU. She has been growing and changing so much these last few months in particular. Her weight was 4LBS 3 OZ when she came home to close to 15 LBS currently. She was a slow gainer for a while but has picked up the pace to over a pound of gains a month. She’s also eating solids three times a day. She is also off the bottle and on to sippy cups.

She is crawling and sitting up on her own and getting into everything. Her temperament is almost always happy and laughing. Many mornings she will wake up laughing for some reason. This all while teething!!! She’s a good baby.

This is the same kid who received multiple blood transfusions of which Watchtower taught us that they were deadly. I know better now and she is the results of that as well as how far science has taken us. Years ago this child probably wouldn’t have made it if not for the scientific achievements of many.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What a sweetheart!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

She is a doll!! Enjoy every second with her!!! Congratulations!!!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

That's wonderful DK, thanks for sharing the pics. Your story has always been one that stuck with me. I'm so glad you now have this happy and healthy little family.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice
    Congratulations! They grow up so quick. So cherish every moment with her!
  • Giordano
    Giordano

The picture on the left should have a caption:

"Hey WT Up Yours!!!!"

She will have a good life in part because you guys will make it so.

• carla
    carla

Beautiful! Congratulations!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So happy for you and your family. That is a beautiful lovely little girl and she's a fighter!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

two biological sisters in the cong I went to, one was skinny one was overweight (almost obese), guess which one was a preemie when born.

Also, I've heard Al Roker say, I think he mentions it in one of his books he was a preemie also, I'm sure you remember how he looked before he lost weight, I'm not saying your daughter is going to be overweight, but when you look at the two folks I mention, you would hardly suspect them to be underweight at any time in their life. Your daughter looks great, no more worries, no need to say she's on the road to recovery because she already has.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Beautiful little girl! Well done to you and your wife for getting her through. Enjoy every minute, it goes so fast xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit