Friendly fire?...Don't the Yanks ever learn?

by searchfothetruth 28 Replies latest jw friends

• animal
    animal

I have chosen to be quiet, either way.

Animal

• ISP
    ISP

The destruction of the Tornado was caught on film. It was a night of panic and paranoia as a soldier had already attempted to take out the command structure there! From what I could see of the film, I could hear helicopters and I guess there was all sorts of stuff in the air. they seem to have thought they were under attack from a scud. I would not be happy with the situation to say the least. I would like to think the crew would have had some time to eject etc. but it seems not.

Friendly fire business is bad but the whole thing is bad.

ISP

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Searchforthetruth, you sir, are an idiot.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I tried Animal...

I am going to go hit a bucket of balls.....remember, an American woman with a golf club can do lots of damage... And I don't mean the greens!

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

So I make statements about the American military and am accused of being inflammatory and then I am called an idiot.

Why am I an idiot because I happen to criticise the American military. I don't understand, I must be an idiot...damn

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Go hit some balls, seach....it will teach you something. Try your own

• Simon
    Simon

NO ONE is an idiot.

People are making fair comments from different points of view.

However, some people are now being insulting which is disappointing if this is the best 'response' they have to a post.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Why am I an idiot because I happen to criticise the American military. I don't understand, I must be an idiot...damn

Searchfothetruth,

Ah, how well I understand your chagrin!

You obviously meant the American military, unfortunately, you just said "Americans" which is why people are breathing down your neck. Bit of a bugger, eh?

Of such things are great posters born however.

Englishman.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

From the last I heard, the Patriot missle reads the transpnder from passing aircraft. If it isn't working or is squawking the wrong code, for whatever reason, it sees a foe and fires. Current speculation from the news is that the Tornadoes transponder was either inoperative or mistuned.

If that be the case, it can hardly be the sole blame of us bloodthirsty, rotten, horrible, war mongering, shitty, Americans, can it?

Reagrdless, this war mongering, pro-war, eats dead burnt bodies, Vietnam Veteran American hopes the crew was able to eject and survived.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    some people are now being insulting which is disappointing if this is the best 'response' they have to a post.

I take it you mean me....I was joking...I really am going to hit balls...I am waiting for hubby to pick me up so we can go to the driving range.

Tina of the "I just don't think I can apologize for that remark" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit