All these changes seem part of the Master Plan

by wisdomfrombelow 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Bethel reductions. Special pioneer reductions. Construction reductions. All seems like a money issue but it also seems like something that anticipated.

some members of the Bethel family in the United States have been reassigned to the field and are now enjoying abundant blessings in other forms of the full-time ministry. Because of advancing age or other factors, others who were in the traveling work have now received special pioneer assignments.

Those words are in the Watchtower Study 2 weeks after the Annual meeting is Prepare Now for Life in the New World so after t he announcements of change and the initial shock the sheeple will be convinced that no matter what you are asked to do or where you are asked to live it is a blessing.

That article was written months ago and I believe they time the articles and their announcements to help distract and pacify the members. They knew they were going to make major changes so they prepared for it in their magazines. I wonder if next August's magazine can give more insight about what might happen in the 2016 Annual Meeting.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I bet they've drawn up a bunch of scenarios of what they could do.

I think one is to finish their new compound, sell all the kingdom halls and basically be an internet religion. Proper food at the proper time will mean going to the website and watching the current GB talk about how the end is sooooo close.....and donate money.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    It looks like a hostile corporate take over and now all the money and assets are being sold off. Now if only they can figure out a way to get the membership to give them all their money then tell them to leave just leave.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Based upon what I see, the recent events are not part of a master plan, but are the result of very poor planning. The new GB has proved to be brainless strategic thinkers. The whole idea of "relying on Jehovah" to make a decision is not good management or the basis for a strategic plan.

Shame on them - but they get what they deserve.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    NY44M, I see what you are saying. . . but I am not at all certain that the GB are actually in charge of anything-including being "Guardians of Doctrine". I think they are innocuous, mostly inoffensive puppets. That being said, I don't know what to think about what is going on. It seems almost TOO stupid if it is not a manipulation. OTOH, if the GB are running it, clearly it is just what some would call a "cluster. . . "We shall see!!!
  • lrkr
    lrkr
    I agree. There Is No Master plan. There is not even a minor plan. There is no plan. This is a knee jerk reaction to something real bad they just found out about. Would love to know what it is!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Actually that watchtower article is probably from a talk that was given at last years district convention. So it was not planned out a few weeks ago to coordinate with this announcement. That information was written probably close to two years ago and dispensed at the conventions over a year ago.

There was some little far out long advanced planning, or the right-hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Doc

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    JWdaughter, whoever is in charge is not doing a good job. It appears that they actually believe their own hype. If that is true, they are destined to failure.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are in fact doing an excellent job--at providing damnation for the members of the flock. The filthy angels are doing this on purpose, and the result is that everyone will have their souls harvested. In the meantime, they place more LIE-bles into the field so they can spread more links for their damnation workings.

Bad enough they ruin the lives of the members while they are on earth. But, they are trashing whatever salvation hopes they might have otherwise had--so their souls can be harvested for joke-hova. That parasite gets what it wanted, and it looks like mere incompetence or lousy planning.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

People that have commission-based income can develop a standard of living without anticipating changes and / or downturns to their income.

They can ignore changes or attribute them as being temporary.

It is not until SOMETHING forces them to face the reality that monthly expenses are higher than income, over a period of time, that something needs to change.

The change could be to supplement your income (even get a non-commission, regular paycheck job), and / or reduce your income.

WT strenuously fought the internet (rightly so). Their consultants gave them a plan to embrace the internet (I know that this is contradictory - but also, rightly so).(What bloody entity does not have a decent website ??? ).

The problem was, and is, that WT and their consultants are like contestants on Shark Tank - we have a concept with a website - please invest with us.

The "due diligence" should have included the fact that the dot-com-bubble burst back in 2000.

Someone coming into the game 15 years later, having adherents go door-to-door or standing on street corners doing nothing more than saying: "Hey, OUR CHURCH has a website" is akin to a person on a dating website boasting that "I have a penis" or "I have a vagina," so, marry me.

IMO, WT either paid major bucks to an agency, and received good advice for a 1990's model, or they have done it in-house copying the Mormons,

No matter how, WT's growth came during times of great adversity, such as the Great Depression, the Great War, WW II, the Cold War and the Arms Race.

Although there are a handful of areas of conflict, they are only newsworthy because of the lack of anything else to report as bad news. There has not been any global adversity for a very long time.

Rutherford was a marketing genius, but his target market has changed from gung-ho middle-class to impoverished third-world citizens.

I am hardly opposed to helping the current target market, but as to WT's true goal of financially exploiting them - ummmm, time for a new consulting agency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit