Elders confidential September

by Mikejw 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• careful
    careful

Thanks Mike for the post.

Excuse my ignorance, but what role is the elder now designated as the "auxiliary counselor"? That didn't exist when I was in. If there is an auxiliary counselor, then is there just a "counselor" who the auxiliary counselor is some sort of assistant to? Or is It just another illogical label he org has come up with?

Also, what are "S-147-22.09-E Bi experienced publishers"?

• Smiles
    Smiles

The auxiliary counselor role is to periodically provide constructive counsel (privately) to elders & ministerial servants delivering assignments at the local midweek meetings, and sometimes to observe & report issues with quality of weekend public talk speakers.

You might have noticed over the decades average JWs which are enrolled in the midweek meeting program receive their study point counsel from the platform before all onlookers... however, the lead parts assigned to elders & ministerial servants are never counseled/critiqued from the stage... this is because the congregation elite get to receive counsel privately, one-on-one, from that auxiliary counselor, which is usually just a pat on the back, unless the auxiliary counselor is overzealous or has an agenda.

Most JWs live out their entire life without ever being told about these culty little secrets of WT operations.

As a JW man moves up in rank, cult life often become easier for him, and his household. For example, the coordinator of a body of elders [COBE] although the title may sound intense, actually has the easiest of all roles assigned to local elders, but he enjoys the most prominence.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The Rating of outgoing speakers is entirely new to me. I thought I had heard everything, obviously not. I’ve heard a lot of really bad speakers, so the Rating scheme must have more than a few gaps.

• careful
    careful

Thanks, Smiles, for the info. When did this auxiliary counselor position begin?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Iknew one elder who was taken off the outgoing list. He hada slightly unpleasant voice. It hurt his feelings. Be it noted he was kind, hospitable, came through when things were tough, just not a polished stuffed shirt. He was easierto listen to when you knew his qualities. But appearances are t h e driving force.

• Smiles
    Smiles

@drop

the Rating scheme must have more than a few gaps.

Yes. As mentioned, nepotism & the buddy factor are always in play with JW privilege distribution.

Another factor is, as much as many elders would relish hoarding most of the speaking parts for themselves, that is unsustainable, so they become forced, perhaps even reluctantly, to spread the wealth of weekly speaking assignments to other elders/ms, mediocre public speakers as they may be, because delivering public discourses becomes burdensome, especially when frequently traveling out to other congregations. It is time consuming (and increasingly fuel costly) to prepare, travel out, deliver discourse, then travel home, sometimes with additional responsibilities waiting for attention at the home congregation meeting, such as an elder's meeting after WT study.

Including mediocre speakers on the scheduling list helps to lighten the load for other elders that have learned the wisdom in selective delegating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit