Theory on the GB "new light" pushing back the final judgment.

by Jofi_Wofo 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I know there are several threads already on this "new light", but I didn't see one that covered this particular angle.

Since the GB seem to have an ulterior motive for everything they do, well beyond their publicly stated reasons, I began to wonder why they would be concerned with pushing back the closing of the window of Jesus' judgement. This is especially puzzling because the doctrine of the start of great tribulation being the final cutoff was one that the GB seemed to especially revel in for so long. They could hang it over everyone's heads as a looming threat.'Believe us or die! If you wait for any real evidence it's already going to be too late!'

I have 2 theories.

1) Since it's still possible to repent after the great tribulation begins, there's nothing stopping the GB from declaring that the great tribulation has already begun, whenever they see fit. Likewise, there's nothing stopping the GB from declaring the time to change to a message of judgement. Otherwise, they couldn't make this change and still get new members. No one would join a religion that teaches it's already too late to be saved. Why even bother? This change in doctrine gives them even more power and flexibility to mobilize troops in their spiritual war.

2) At this point, Bethel must be bombarded with letters from even faithful JWs questioning how this could be "the final part of the final part of the last days" when somewhere around half, if not more, of all the world's population have never been preached to or even heard of Jehovah's Witnesses. It was a staple interpretation of JWs to take Jesus words that "this good news will be preached in all the inhabited earth" to mean that everyone would have heard the message before it was too late. This would be a contradiction- the end can't be all too close if that prophecy is no where near being fulfilled. But now, they can continue claim that the end is coming any time at all because there are no more prophesies that absolutely must be fulfilled before the great tribulation starts.

Thoughts?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Part of the reason the GB gets so many things wrong is because they approach understanding Jehovah from a business executive type of perspective rather than from the perspective of a child.

CT Russell wasn't looking at Jehovah in the way a child looks at his father. Russell was looking at Jehovah as a means to make a profit.

It's the same with the GB. If they were approaching Jehovah like children, then they would have known a long time ago some of the basic things that they are finally figuring out now. They still are completely blind to many of the basic truths about Jehovah. Jehovah had hidden a lot of it from them because they sought to use truth as a means of personal gain.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

whats happened to Easy prompt ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Jofi_Wofo - “…there's nothing stopping the GB from declaring that the great tribulation has already begun, whenever they see fit…”

Hmm… that’s not bad.

Might work to misdirect the membership away from the fact that the Tower’s crumbling now (relatively speaking), instead of “Babylon the Great” being attacked first.

Then they bugger off to Argentina or the Caymans, and let the rank-and-file think they’ve been Raptured away.

• Ding
    Ding

If they declare the Great Tribulation has begun, how long will it last?

As time drags on with no end in sight, will the GB say that there will be overlapping Great Tribulations?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Overlapping Tribulations”…

…LOL I wish I’d thought of that! 😄

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Ohhh... it's an easy thing... everything about Armageddon is symbolic and the 1,000 reign already started .... the spiritual paradise is the proof...and if you guys want to be sure check one thousand years in the future !!!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why is this such an issue?

Nothing has changed.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I've pondered just I'd have done if I had risen the ranks and became GB. I always had issues with some of the harsher aspects of the religion and had definite opinions about some interpretations. I have to believe these guys at the top are the same. It's a subtle unspoken desire to improve things, but not enough to recognize the bigger picture.

The machine is now in charge, even the guys charge have to conform and concede.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Everyday that passes there are more people being born than are being witnessed to. It’s about half the world not getting witnessed to and that is growing every single day.

As time goes on it’s the exact opposite of Matt 24:14 being fulfilled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit