What does the cult consider you if....

by rockemsockem 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

If you were a baptized JW for years, left the cult and made it known to one person maybe two at different times so as not to get DFed. So the congregation knows you are not a believer but you ever were disassociated or DFed, what does your old hall consider you? Is there a time limit were you are just dropped from the rolls?

• stillin
    stillin

I think that nowadays the congregation just goes on without you, hoping that you come back. Some posters here seem to come from more aggressive congregations that want you to state your position, but where I am, they just live and let live.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no time limit. Like in communism, they might let something go for many years only to go after you. You could be out for quite a few years without incident, and then with no warning, the hounders come after you to drag you back in or force you out. Usually, this happens when they get a new hounder-hounder or when one of the hounders is seeking a position of lead hounder or hounder-hounder and wants to look good to his boss. It can also happen if they feel like going through records and picking random inactive publishers to hound back. This can happen 10 or more years after the last boasting session attendance.

No different from how communism operates. There, you could do something wrong and they will wait several years. After the victim forgets (and usually it is something totally petty), they will go after the victim. They do this so that people are frightened into being afraid of doing anything, because they do not know what petty offense could trigger a trip to the gulags. Ultimately, in both cases, it keeps everyone tightly in line so they can all work harder to promote global communism and Noahide Law.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you can't remember anyone's name in your last congregation its likely that no one remembers you either. When someone from the old days is still sitting on their ass at meetings waiting Armchairgeddon, then they may have someone who could point you out. I wouldn't worry about it if its been 10 years or more without being viewed as a jw.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree with Wozza above, if considerable time, like ten years has elapsed don't worry, just keep your head down, don't ever give them the chance to DF/DA you by being seen to actively persuade a JW that they do not have the "truth".

The problem with such a position, which I am in too, is that of course there is no "closure", but the advantage for me is that my JW family still treat me civilly, though of course we get no invites to family events, weddings etc. but we would not wish to attend, too many JW's there !

I would always advise those who have only just grasped the free life, to take a number of years before they decide to take a course of action that would result in a DA/DF . Many have found like me that the position of being free, and yet to still have contact with family is the preferred option. Just be careful what you say to any JW ! two separate occasions, speaking to two different JW's, of plainly saying you do not believe could be used to set of the forming of a J.C !

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

What stillin said.

What Phizzy said.

I've got the best of both "worlds". I don't hate jw's, just the wt organization, so I still enjoy all my jw friends and family. On the other hand, I have all the freedom to do as I please on the weekends and during the week. I do attend and occasional meeting with my wife. Works for me!

just saying!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What Phizzy said above.

Decades ago, Publisher Record Cards were destroyed after 8 years of inactivity. No more. They are kept on file forever so that they can claim you as a "member" if they decide they need to DF you for some reason.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

I was going to send in my letter of disassociation. But my wife still has family in and it could cause some issues so its best to let sleeping dogs alone. I have moved several times and I am not sure even her family know exactly where I live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit