The UN being done away with - Religion banned worldwide

by m0nk3y 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

If you believe that the governments of the world will really say "OK UN we have had enough of you go away" then your a nutter. I can always see a need for the UN to be in place even if their sole duty is to help struggling countries put themselves together again. If the UN was done away with (and lets face it, does that really seem likely ?) it would only to be replaced by somthing else that would service the same projects the UN already handles. As far as religion being banned worldwide ... well if you beleive this you'll believe anything. Not only would they have to completely re-write the constitution in every country but they would have to have at least everyones (worldwide) backing. I could live two lifetimes and I still couldn't see that happening.

I still work through my struggle of fearing Armageddon from time to time and really I know deep down it's a stupid fear. Alot of witnesses look at this war and see armageddon almost here (this is it everyone) but they don't base it on anything they have learnt from the bible .. in fact they can't. Where does it mention in the bible about Armageddon following a war against 'terrorism' ? Where does it mention anything like that at all. The only thing I can think of is the scripture mentioning about :"war accurring in one place after another" AND HELLO hasnt war between mankind existed throughout human history ?

What is our obsession with linking world events with so called prophecy ? Isn't it getting a bit old ? I know I'm tired of all those stupid "Could this be leading into armageddon?" thoughts that come up. You can link any world event with a bible prophecy .. in fact if your a JW you encouraged to do so ... maybe thats why they have such a large track record of failed prophecies.

But really it's not just JW's that have their prophecy infatuation .. most religions do it .. they all have their own spin on things and think they are correct. Simple facts though ...Prove a prophecy that has come true in our day ... when it comes down to it .. the only prophecies that are "factual" (I use that term extremely loosly) and have happened are the ones recorded in the bible. If i wrote a book and made a prophecy that was to happen and then later wrote in the book that it came true does that make it true ?

And why are all the prophecies that are written and occur in the bible written in plain english, easy to understand and simple don't mess around with words. (example : The apple cart will fall over and spill apples everywhere) And yet the prophecies of our supposed day are "deep" and puzzling, you need a compass and a map and a word decoder to work out what they mean and still after all that your left guessing. (example : A great nashing of teeth will happen in the day of the end and the great devil the one called satan will overturn the great harlot, and a beast will arise that has never been seen and wipe out its former rulers draging all the stars behind it and the sea will boil and the sky will be dark and then the end will come.) translation (The apple cart will fall over and spill apples everywhere)

What do the rest of you think ?

m0nk3y

• Dansk
    Dansk
    What do the rest of you think ?

MOnk3y,

I think you've basically answered your own questions. No-one will ever be able to truly say they understand Bible prophecy - though we all know an Organisation that THINKS it does!

If Armageddon comes there's nothing we can do about it - and if it does come the first place to fall will be Brooklyn Bethel for using God's name falsely

Obviously the 'Fear Factor' runs deep and occasionally we may all feel a little nervous. That's what years of false teaching does to you. It pollutes your body. I'm enjoying life again for the first time in 19 years, that's the total length of time I was associated with the Borg. You sound like the pollutants are still working their way out of your system - which is natural. I look around at all the wildlife and everything is blissful. We've nothing to fear from God, but the WTS certainly has.

We all need to try and chill out. As Doris Day sang: "What will be, will be."

Dansk

• topanga
    topanga

i get confused too. i felt the bible was about people who lived thousands of years ago in the middleeast.

It was about their relationships whith god, their inspired ideas, their observation about life humans and gods dealings,& about issues they faced back then.

Its like going to barnes and noble picking up any book saying this is a letter from the author to me. Just because you find similarities, common ideas or similar situations doesn't mean its about you or applies to you.

I wonder just how much of it has anything to do with us today, perhaps there will be the start of a new chapter or book whenever god chooses to get the ball rolling. perhaps he will start relating to people again like in bible times. Til then i mean really, who knows?

did that make sense?

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

You made complete sense

m0nk3y

• berylblue
    berylblue
    . No-one will ever be able to truly say they understand Bible prophecy

And I've always been wary of those who do, but in my JW days, I tried to force down my feelings. And I never voiced them to anyone. Now, I know better....

Beryl

• berylblue
    berylblue
    . No-one will ever be able to truly say they understand Bible prophecy

And I've always been wary of those who do, but in my JW days, I tried to force down my feelings. And I never voiced them to anyone. Now, I know better....

Beryl

• Phil
    Phil

Armagedden will come, but it has nothing to do with GOD. Destruction of this earth as we know it will be natural, Explosion via volcano (a realy big one we have never witnessed) or the most obvious a meteor from outer space.We all won't die but the event and the after effects will whipe out most of the population. Before that happens, we will have other catastrophes such as disease, famine, wars and such which only make a small dent in the population. Many of the religious people will probably think it is the end. Throughout the history of these small dents, a Jesus Christ will appear to revolutionize the thinking of the masses.

How's that for a little common sense?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Phil, it might have been a cometary impact that started the whole Judeo-Christian-Muslim religion (and possible many more) in the first place.

see: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/comet_bronzeage_011113-1.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit