Organization Updates for POMOs?

by charonsdog 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

I've been physically out since early 2014. Before that, I was mentally out for a long period of time. Now, having zero contact with family or former friends, plus living in a southeast Asian country where it is possible to not ever see a JW. Since I have discovered this site, I'm learning lots of things about the organization that I wasn't aware of before. It's pretty eye-opening. I also see from time to time brief mentions of changes that have been made recently. Like the TMS being replaced with something called the CLAM (hilarious, btw). Someone mentioned no District Overseers? I know that the cart sitting is getting big, but has that changed the door knocking policy?

I don't have any real need to know what's going on. Just curiosity. Kind of like when you leave a job after several years and are catching up with former coworkers about the silly things that are happening in the shop or what stupid thing "Wally" said last week.

My question is: what has changed since say... 2013?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

cost cutting in many many ways.

Another ex jw website is called jw survey and they do a really good downsizing section .

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

That is from 5 years behind. It occurred to me that if someone had the organizational skills, a time line of the changes would be great.

I'm afraid I don't have a good idea of "when" somethings happened since then, so I'll just guess. (poorly)

All congregations gave their money that they had saved for their kingdom halls to the society. Chaching!

The society now owns all the kingdom halls and sells them off when ever they want to.

All sorts of videos that promote

• the end is NEAR!
    • Shun like you've never shunned before - don't even pickup the phone from them.
    • kiddie videos that want children to donate all their allowances to them, frighten them by telling them if they fall asleep or play during the meetings, they'll miss important information and die at Armageddon. ad nauseum

In Australia the Royal Commission weighed the WT in their policies of protecting/reporting Child Sexual Abuse and found them lacking. Shockingly lacking. Cases of provable abuse and not a single one reported to the police. Still on going on what is going to happen to the WT.

The WT has broadened out who to shun - it's not just the dis-fellowshipped but also those that go to few/none meetings and the spiritually weak.

Plus it's money money money, can we have your money?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Speaking of "what stupid thing "Wally" said last week", don't miss checking out pillow-gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qirjv48C55Mt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh6JdkXn5VY

• zeb
  • venus
    venus

Hi days of future passed, Good summary.

WT is preparing to say like Reuben who 'replied, "Didn't I tell you not to

sin [doing an act of shunning] against the boy? But you wouldn't listen! Now we must give an accounting for his blood." (Genesis 42:22)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

They didnt shun him, they sold him into slavery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit