Two Good Things About the French

by metatron 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

And nobody mentioned how they supported us in wining the American Revolution. I guess we're all too patriotic to consider that important....

Now french fries...that's important!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

3. Rimbaud

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Hey hillary_step,pickin on Neil Diamond?..LOL!.. I liked his early stuff

lol...Yes, I get a little defensive over Joni Mitchell's work and how it is treated. Pure genius with more attempted copyists than she deserves. I didn't know that Neil Diamond was driving the Outlaw trail these days. What is he like at it?

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Best thing about France...............Monet

And we all know, Monet makes the world go round.... HS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey hillary_step,I haven`t listened to any of his Outlaw trail stuff,LOL!..I can`t blame you for coming to the defence of Joni Mitchell,I do like her..Right now with my satillite dish I`m able to listen to so many types of music it`s incredible.A smogasboard for anyone who truley loves music..For me right now it`s blues from the 30`s and 40`s right till todays new artists.Classical,some chamber music.Old rock,New rap,Soul from the 70`s and 80`s and or anyone who has a new idea or flavour..I especially like good vocalists with a bluesy/gospel/rock flavor to their voice,although I do like other styles like Enya..Decent guitar players are still hard to find,I should check and see what Chris Rea has been up to lately..I could go on and on,but my post would turn into a novel,LOL!..Good to hear from you,my best to you and the Mrs...OUTLAW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Outlaw,

You sound as if you have found the New World, with all that music, fresh air, stunning scenery and willing penguins....lol

I caught Pat Metheny in Seattle a few months ago. I have seen him perfom a number of times, but he just gets better and better. Truly memerising performance. He seems to have a telepathic contact with Lyle Mays. I came home and spat on my guitars....lol

A couple of guitarists that imho have never recieved the grace that they deserve are Franco Mussida who plays with PFM and Terry Smith a UK jazz/rock guitarist who is almost impossible to find on 'track' but is still raising Cain in his live performances. I will send you a couple of pieces later. Are you on cable/broadband?

Best regards - HS

PS - Metatron, sorry to hijack the thread. I will disappear now!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Another good thing: Audrey Tatou

So cute. God bless the french.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey hillary_step,I am on a phone line,what ever that means..My sound is down on the computer and I am going to have to wait till one of my techi friends fix`s it..Yes,I would love to hear those pieces..Stay in touch bud...OUTLAW Hey Metatron,I too will now disappear.....OUTLAW

• Francois
    Francois

Hillary my friend, there is no point in our engaging in further discussion regarding the Frency. Our subjective opinions are virtually diametrically opposed, and therefore not likely to find agreement. All of which is in support of my contention that it's all a matter of taste in the first place.

francois

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

french kissing ain't bad neither

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit