Tips for a Slow Fade

by Huxley1979 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

"The other bit of advice I have is, do not trust ANY JW,"

The Book of Proverbs says about every six verses to keep quite.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Slowly stop going to meetings , if asked why just calmly reply your having second thoughts about the religion in general. AND YOU WISH TO KEEP THE REASONS PRIVATE WITHIN YOURSELF,

DO NOT GO INTO SPECIFIC DETAILS FROM A THEOLOGICAL VIEWPOINT WITH ANYONE , PARTICULARLY WITH AN ELDER !!!!!!!!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

I think the 'depressed/suicide ideation" mode is the best way to go. Most elders are uncomfortably aware of their inadequacies in dealing with such complex issues and would likely prefer not to go much beyond well-wishing you for your recovery. Delving too deeply into your circumstances may well awaken their own subconscious misgivings about the organization and the timing of the world's end, etc.

• Ding
    Ding

The less you explain to the elders, the better.

If you have to offer explains for decreased activity, cite unnamed personal issues you are working through.

If they offer help, thank them and tell them that you will call on them if you reach a point where you think that would be helpful to you.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Huxley,

A lot of good advice here on this Forum.

Think of this place as your long lost village........ filled with people who are or have shared your concerns about life after being in the JW world. We are all on our own personal Journey away from a false truth.

So what replaces that so called truth? Some of us want to keep God and Jesus in our lives. Some become Buddhists....... lol.

For me....... I am a secular humanist.

Here's what that means: Secular Humanism also has high standards of ethics, but without deities, or a belief in an afterlife. Secular Humanists stand by verifiable truths and the scientific methods."

Volunteering has been mentioned as a pathway away from your normal JW life.

You find a group of people who meet regularly to accomplish something good for their community or nature , the welfare of humans and or animals.

You look for a volunteer position that is attractive to you. You meet on a regular basis and you learn who is who and who you'd like to get to know better.

Just like joining a new K H and making new friends.

In my book there are three ways to walk away from this religion.

Stop showing up, don't meet with any Elders, keep your mouth shut. Do not try to explain your position to any one who can spill the beans to the Elders. Drop your JW friends and develop new relationships.

Let's remember what an Elder is.......... usually an uneducated person who is not really skilled in anything that pertains to the journey you are on.

What is a Circuit Overseer? A company manager, a representative of a phony religion. He always sides with the Society.

Or you can say " I am dealing with a few issues and praying to Jehovah who is helping me get through these issue's....pray is working...... thanks for your concern........ I will let you know if I need your help."

Or you can use a hammer and say..."I have recently read accounts of the JW pedophile issue that has been acknowledged by the Society. I am going to wait on Jah to fix this issue".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometimes quietly moving without leaving a forwarding address works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit