Inactive after 6 months: where is it written?

by psyco 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yet your a member till you die it's been 15 years and I could still be disfellowshiped...wierd.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I'm not DF/DA. I haven't been to a meeting in 16 or 17 years (damn, has it been that long?). They could easily find where I am, but I think they don't want to break my mother's heart (she's been waiting for the end for a bit longer than I have been alive).

I figure that, after she passes on, they won't wait for her body to cool before they're knocking on my door. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe they don't care. I'm fine either way, but that visit has the potential of being very entertaining.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don’t know what is or isn’t written about ‘Inactives’ but I’m a walk-away ‘Fader’ for about twenty-one years.

I’m of the opinion they are looking for people they considered an ‘asset’. They certainly didn’t consider me an asset, but that’s okay..In other words, they are looking for ex-JWs they can get something out of.. The Inactive/Fader has to be a person/family perceived to have something people wanted:..were they known for hospitality and opening up their home and feeding the freeloading ‘Friends’? Did they do peoples’ taxes for cheap, repair cars? Etc..Then they’ll be sought after.

However, if they are single women like me who were criticized for full-time jobs and wouldn’t do favors for Users or give $ to Deadbeats..and made no secret of it - I doubt anybody in the religion is actively looking for them.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes,witness 007, I guess I could get disfellowshipped too, because I celebrate holidays. And I haven’t attended any JW events in almost 40 years. Lol. Come and get me, elders!!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Longhairgal- I think your right about that. Jw's are only interested in people who can serve them for nothing or a ' Theocratic Discount ". When I came into my wealth before I finally faded out, I had brothers line up with their hands out for money or I can not count the number of business ideals pitched to me by brothers trying to build wealth. They act like that since they are a "brother " it's my duty to help them. Well, where were they when I started out? I did things on my own. They are nothing but parasites.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

Yes, thanks..I am certainly right about that. In fact, I’m Super right.

If given the chance, these people will keep taking without a second thought until there is nothing left but a dried-up husk that blows away. In some cases there is even no thanks. There is just a wrong sense of entitlement. Being lazy Users wanting things for nothing is Bad enough. BUT, criticizing hard working people is something else entirely. In fact, it is something that can never be forgiven, as far as I’m concerned, and I wouldn’t want these people around me.

I’m Glad you as well were Too smart to give these undeserving JW parasites anything. Nice to know you also didn’t cave in and fall for anybody’s BS or guilt trips because they will try anything!!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Longhairgal- We have found true happiness. Even though I have wealth, which I can loose, I never forget my humble beginning. I don't show off my wealth and I give to my community. Which is a big difference from Jw's. May happiness and peace continue to be with you.

• Etude
    Etude

I've often wondered what they have on me and if, after 40 plus years missing in action they still have my card or my name or any data about me.

Etude.

• blondie
    blondie

Inactive does not mean not going to any meetings, it means not "turning in" time on a slip to the congregation. I knew a jw who had not been to the meetings for 15 years, but always turned in a "time slip" every 5th month, and it was accepted and counted, and he was considered "active." It is all a numbers game. If a person does preach and does not "turn in" a "time slip" and an elder finds out, they have begged the person to "count" that time, so the numbers regarding members look good to headquarters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit