Too Much Information???

by Roger Kirkpatrick 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Roger Kirkpatrick
    Roger Kirkpatrick

I hate it when people beat around the bush before coming to the point. So, I composed the following letter for letter-writing JWs who like to cut-to-the-chase, as it were. Feel free to add your own points in the comments below.

“Dear Neighbor:

Here are just a few of the Bible truths that your ministers have not taught you: Jesus Christ returned INVISIBLY in the heavens in 1914 CE (the beginning of “the last days”), sat down on the throne of God’s Messianic kingdom, and proceeded to judge all professed Christian religions. In 1918, Christ personally chose the Watchtower Society to be his faithful and discreet slave mentioned at Matthew 24:45, God’s “spirit-directed organization” which would accomplish the worldwide preaching of the good news of God’s kingdom. Only 144,000 persons from the earth were given the hope of ruling as kings and priests in heaven with Christ Jesus (Rev. 14:1). Only a small remnant of such Christians remain on the earth today, and they are ALL Jehovah’s Witnesses. The New Testament was essentially a personal letter from God to those 144,000 Christians who are spirit-anointed to live in heaven with Christ.

“The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses is Christ’s faithful and discreet slave today (Matt. 24:45), and only the Governing Body has the right to interpret the Bible for all Christians, not just for JWs. So, forget everything your minister has taught you about the Bible, because all religions--except for Jehovah’s Witnesses--are FALSE religion, and their ministers are actually ministers of Satan the Devil who has blinded their eyes. Oh, they may have taught you that Christ Jesus is the mediator between God and men, but they have not told you that Christ Jesus is ONLY the mediator for spirit-anointed Jehovah’s Witnesses who have the hope of going to heaven. True, Jesus said that no one comes to the Father except through HIM, but no one comes to Jesus EXCEPT through the Governing Body!

“Jehovah’s Witnesses are the only ones teaching that it is a sin to accept life-saving blood transfusions, because the Bible tells Christians plainly to “abstain from blood.” True, many Bible scholars believe that was referring to abstaining from eating the blood of animals which were slaughtered for food, but those scholars are wrong! How do I know? Because the “faithful and discreet slave” has said that they are wrong! Thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses have died for refusing blood transfusions, because only their Governing Body can deem what is and is not a matter of personal conscience. When people are willing to die for a belief, you know that it must be the truth! Besides, the JW Governing Body is the official spokesmen for God himself!

“People who leave their family religion to convert to the Jehovah’s Witness religion are often disowned and shunned by their families. Such persecution is only to be expected because Jesus said he came to cause such division among families. However, when Jehovah’s Witnesses shun family members who leave the religion for conscientious reasons, such as unscriptural Watchtower teachings and practices, it is out of love to help the straying one return to Jehovah. Tearing families apart out of love is encouraged by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

“Don’t allow yourself to be distracted by all the lawsuits and publicity against the Watchtower Society for failing for decades to report the crimes of pedophile elders and ministerial servants who sexually abused children within their congregations, whose crimes were never reported to authorities but were kept hidden in secret Watchtower files. Jehovah’s Witnesses are IN the world, but they are not OF the world. As God’s representatives, they have the right to disobey laws that they deem to be in conflict with God’s laws. Jesus told Christians to be cautious as serpents yet innocent as doves. So, it is okay for JWs to withhold the truth for the purpose of misleading enemies of God, even if they do so after having sworn to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

“Therefore, it is imperative that everyone who wishes to avoid destruction by God at Armageddon must become a Jehovah’s Witness as soon as possible because the end of this present system of things is very, very near. Do not hesitate! If you do not believe me, then ask the very next Jehovah’s Witness you meet to show you these truths from the Bible. I know these things are true because I have studied many Watchtower publications which contain hundreds, if not thousands, of scriptural references. Do not make the common mistake of reading your Bible without the aid of Watchtower publications, because you might draw the erroneous conclusion that Jehovah’s Witnesses are wrong, and that just cannot be! I know, because my parents and my grandparents were devout Jehovah’s Witnesses, and they were honest people who taught me the truth about there not being any Santa Claus and that Jesus did not really wear a beard (although they reversed their view on that latter point). But, they meant well, and honestly pay all their taxes. Also, Jehovah’s Witnesses are practically the only people who still wear their finest clothes when they go to church (which they call a Kingdom Hall).

“Jehovah’s Witnesses are the only genuine Christians. Prove it to yourself, if you don’t believe me. Print this letter, take it to your local Kingdom Hall and read it to any JW you meet, and see if they don’t confirm every word to be true.

Have A Nice Day,

Your Smiling JW Neighbors”

• just fine
    just fine

Dear Neighbor:

Convert to our religion or God will kill you.

Love Never Fails,

JW’s

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Convert to our religion or God will kill you.

Right, isn't it great the type of freedom of choice this supposed God gives you? I mean, you can choose not to be his follower, except he will kill you. That's quite a freedom of choice.

Then why the need to present any "selling points" about the religion?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The irony of the thread title notwithstanding, the body of that letter had me LOLing.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Just a week ago, I was on a a motorcycle trip with 2 of my oldest and best friends (both are born-in's and life long jw's like I was). We stopped for a beer and a burger. As we chatted, I asked them if they would be jw's today if they had not been born into the religion and if their parents had not been jw's. After a brief pause, both of them said essentially "probably not"!

Try it with some of your trusted friends . Not too much information required!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit