What Is Exciting About Jehovah’s Witnesses? Anything??

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are they the most boring people on earth? Their music, their videos, their public speaking... all are a big yawn. There is no life to the Witness religion!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I think once they leave the hall and go home, the religion is dropped just like the clothes they wear to the meeting. All depending on how invested they are of course.

I suspect the JW lady at work, if not for the religion, would be a jet setter living in hotels and drinking martinis.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Even the name Jehovah draws a yawnnnn

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once upon a time, they had something that qualifies as excitement. Their littera-trash had some substance, and they really did believe that the end was at hand. Yes, it was lies. Yes, it was detrimental to everyone involved. And yes, it was a waste of time. But at least they had excitement each time they watched the news. Peace here, a stock market crash there, and a doctrine that could at least be defended even if full of lies.

Today, nothing. Just a bunch of rules. You are afraid more of being hounded than of getting destroyed. You see another war--then peace, then resumption of the war. And the doctrine is harder to defend--just as detrimental, but making less sense than it did before. Generations strung end to end like Christmas lights hardly makes any sense, and cannot be defended at the doors. You can't even hold your own against a common cat lick that goes to church once a year, let alone against a Pentecostal or born again that reads the damnation book all the time and goes to church 2 or 3 times a week.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Their impending global decline.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

You can sleep over free at friends worldwide without fear of being stolen while finding you sleep in the house of an unrevealed abuser.

You can talk about nonsense, prophecy...and get stunning looks and even prove your arguments showing your talent in WOL

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Watch bullies and stubborn mules running a heartless corporation pretending living peacefully together on the cost of the victims. "Visit our show: Get into the spiritual paradise"

You get applause if you sell your house, give up your career and travel distant to support a need

You get applause if you obeyed and made you to a fool in the school or at work.

Catching a look of a nice girl whilst a meeting and hoping to meet her at the cafeteria after that talk and not scare her with my normal average appearance, long notes or my desire to pioneer and fully devote my life to hova.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well the JWS are in the movie business now.

I wonder if they will be on Netflix soon ?

• alanv
    alanv

I know when I was appointed a mini servant, it certainly helped my self confidence. Also taught me how to teach people and how to stand up in front of 100 or so people and give a talk. So those things for me were quite a buzz.

Of course you can learn those skills from other organisations as well.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think JWS are still excited about the up coming Whack day ie. Armageddon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit