Canada : Baby of Jehovah's Witness parents may receive blood transfusions

by yalbmert99 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Hi Smid,

ever regretted what they had done.

There is no place to hide. First of all JW parents are not quacks except for their no blood beliefs which are deemed unreasonable . So, being loving parents, they will run to the hospital for their children. And guess what will happen at the hospital. They will take better care of their child but if the child “needs” blood, there is nothing they can do. Marvin Shilmer and I had a very heated discussion on this Smid, many years ago. Like you, he was a very likable person, as a person, not his views. But I feel such a loss to JW to lose a man like this. I’m sure he was hurt very profoundly by something inside the org. My discussions with him were a real pleasure though— although very heated.

I do know of cases where a blood transfusion saved children’s lives. One was an open heart surgery and back then they really didn’t have the technology to do bloodless. Another case involved a newborn with RH and there was no other way for the baby to live and the blood transfusion was successful and he is still alive today. There are negative cases too. One premature baby in-spite of the JW parents protests was transfused and died immediately after the transfusion another one got hepatitis from the blood and it was a real tragedy to mention but this was many years ago. My point Smid is that if the child needs blood the doctors will give it to him and there is nothing the parent can do. Oh I forgot to mention this case. A JW parent sneaked a child out of a hospital and took him to another hospital to avoid a blood transfusion. The other hospital successfully treated the child without the use of blood but the parent was arrested and prosecuted for doing so.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you Fisherman for that post and others of course for their response.

I guess it would be too much for an ex JW to post here that when he/she was a beleiver that they refused to give permission for a child to recieve a blood transfusion if their was one here.

And that`s certainly understandable.

Maybe it was not an appropriate question to ask in the first place.

(But I can`t help wondering )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit