'Jehovah's Witnesses' Label Added to Trolley

by cofty 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Stan,

With the cultish propaganda on that cart and the depressed looking silent minders, I don't think anyone would need more deterrents....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if it's the brainchild of the biggest bully on the BOE. Perhaps the CO will enjoy bullying them to stop. We all know what bullies COs are these days.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Just curious ...do the dubbies need to obtain permission from their local council before siting their carts? We've had one for a while in my local town centre. It's always in the same spot and manned by 3 people. I know that they never approach passers by - is this part of the deal also?

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think it would be a decision of a local body of elders as the trolleys came from various congregations.

The local council probably would need to grant permission in city centre bit I'm not certain.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Just a part of spreading Jehobers name to the world.

See everyone who walks by has been preached to, so no bloodguilt for just standing around looking at their iphones the whole time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    cofty -
    I don't think it would be a decision of a local body of elders as the trolleys came from various congregations.
    The local council probably would need to grant permission in city centre bit I'm not certain.
    • That makes sense, in that case.

I wonder how many Elder's meetings they had to have to do that? Phone calls to the Jobo legal and micro-management department and old uncle Tom Cobleigh an' all.

I can see it now; Elders arguing over the font type and size and grade of card. Countless prayers.

Parts on the a$$emb£y about what a fine witness it was to worldly powers.

I'm smirking just contemplating it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

In our area we have to have a licence from the local council, it costs about £70. It has to be taken out in the name of an individual brother, not the local congregation or the WT Society.

Similarly we had a letter about aggression against brothers and their trolleys. If a trolley is damaged and the police are involved it should be emphasised that the trolley belongs to the individual brother.

WT:- DON'T INVOLVE US!

George

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Depending on where the carts are, they are either governed by a single congregation, or by the central committee for public witnessing that governs the city centre and touristic hotspots.
    The JW that watch the cart in my city come from quite a few congregations, including from out of town. Their efforts, permits, locations, etc. are coordinated by a central command for the whole city.
    If central command for the city says 'put this ugly label on your carts' then they will have the ugly label.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Last night I checked the carts at the KH and they all had "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" on them. Even the foreign language carts likewise, though in their language of course.

There is also a cart about the origin of life and the front of that has a sign saying "JWdotORG is the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses".

George

• cofty
    cofty

Interesting. So not a local issue then.

Hopefully a PIMO will be able to tell us why. I would be willing to bet it has been forced on them for legal reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit