Old Goat

by vienne 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

Some of you may remember Old Goat who used to post here. He died last night in his sleep. He was 92 years old. And he was my friend. Until he was unable, we used to meet at a Starbucks and chat. He was a retired professor of history, tall but underweight. A gentleman.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

vienne:

Yes, I remember Old Goat very well. He will be greatly missed. We send our best to his family. Thanks for the update.

Atlantis!

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm sorry to hear that, He was a gentleman. I respected him, his posts were always really interesting. Thank you for letting us know vienne,
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Viene, my condolences.

Was he a coworker in any of your projects?

"Thus shall ye think of this fleeting world: A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream; A flash of lightning in a summer cloud; A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream." - the Diamond Sutra

• vienne
    vienne

He only added to our project by asking pertinent questions and adding insights drawn from his long experience within the Watchtower. He started attending meetings in the mid-1940s and was baptized in 1948. He served in various capacities and 'knew stuff.' I will miss him.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry to hear that vienne ,my condolences.

• millie210
    millie210

I did not know him but I love reading about the relationship you shared.

Thank you, Vienne for honoring him with your words

• Pete Zahut
  • Marcial
  • scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Sorry to hear of your loss.

As a lurker I remember reading his posts but never engaged in conversation with him.

So I know he would have helped other lurkers too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit