Quotes: "Since 1914 and 1918 enemies have become more vicious"

by TheWonderofYou 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheWonderofYou
  • freddo
    freddo

Judges chapters 19 through 21 tells me differently.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Perhaps the quotation was a veiled reference to his personal enemies; those who opposed him in his crude takeover of the Russellite brand.

I think it is quite possible that Rutherford did not believe a word of what he was saying but knew too well how to play the role of the preacher, exploiting the prejudices of his Bible students and appealing to their godliness. He most certainly enjoyed the material perks of being at the top and therefore had great incentive to maintain his position.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So back in biblical times men (humanity) were less vicious and continuing forward all throughout human history ?

Historical facts tells a different story.

Bullshit and quite not the Truth.

Actually considering the world population to date of (7 billion) percentage wise humanity is much less violent and vicious in social behavior.

Propagating lies is the agenda of most religious charlatans trying to sell something.

Exploiting the bible or the believing acceptance of the bible to support those pertaining lies is something else charlatans like the Watchtower Corporation does as well.

Lies and corruption faced over by religious virtue.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Another comment to prove Rutherford a fraud.

In Bible times, the Israelites were instructed to commit genocide. Well not quite, the Israelite soldiers were allowed to keep the virgins to rape. Through most of history, war has resulted in the enemies being slaughtered, including civilians and soldiers. Look at war now. If a civilian is accidentally killed in war, it is a major scandal.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe the WT Org's enemies have become more "vicious"...

...but I would argue that the WT Org has given them reason to be.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Overlapping enemies.

• steve2
    steve2

Rutherford spoke of vicious enemies as if he were a victim of their evil designs. If you wanted a taste of what it was like to get on the wrong side of Rutherford, you would quickly find out who the real vicious enemy was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit