A problem, a provision, a promise

by JW Answers 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Short message of help showing forth the correct Gospel for today.

The problem with mankind, the provision for mankind, and a promise to mankind.

JWs teach that works save. The Bible says that only Christ saves if we believe / trust upon Him.

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus taught that works save - see the sheep and goats Matt. 25

Paul taught a different gospel in the unexpected light of a dead Messiah.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The sheep and the goats judgment occurs after the age of grace has ended.

The Sheep and Goat Judgment

Works flow from our beliefs, not the other way around. Tribulation saints are saved because of their attitude and works toward the object of the Anti-Chirsts hatred during the GT - literal Jews (Christs' Brothers). They do this because they believe God.

It wouldn't be right to let people in who wanted the Jews dead since Isreal will be the lead country on planet earth during the millinium reign, with Jeus sitting on the throne .... a throne that no one has sat on since Zedekiah was dethroned and carted off to Babylon over 2500 years ago. It will shortly be occupied again by earth's new owner, the 2nd Adam.

This is really just a military mop-up operation after the Great Tribulation has ended. It separates the believers still on earth from the unbelievers still on earth that need to be removed.

Man has always been saved by faith in every dispensation.

Genesis 15:6

Then he believed in the Lord; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Ephesians 2:9

“Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

• waton
    waton

good to see you alive and well cofty

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Jesus taught that works save - see the sheep and goats Matt. 25

Salvation has different facets. One aspect is work and another aspect is that slavation is a gift that cannot be earned or merited. Paul’s gospel was same as Jesus but he explained in such depth that requires understanding same as understanding John 1:1 and not jumping to conclusions about Jesus being God almighty. Need to understand what Paul is saying.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Baited you or lured you back in cofty? I knew you were evolving back. Nice to see you!

• cofty
    cofty

Read the synoptic gospels and let them speak for themselves without the lens of Pauline theology.

It is self-evident that Jesus was a Jewish prophet who taught that keeping the Law of Moses was the key to salvation. The essence of the Law was love of God and practical love of neighbour.

Salvation by faith in a dead Messiah was a later development.

Sea Breeze - If christians are removed before the GT how can the sheep be saved on the basis of their actions towards them?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Read the synoptic gospels and let them speak for themselves without the lens of Pauline theology.

Cofty,

Why would anyone seeking truth want to eliminate some scriptures and not others? That doesn't make any sense. Scripture says that all of it is inspired. All of it is "beneficial". The other apostles were just fine with Paul's message. In Galatians, after preaching to the Gentiles for 14 years, Paul went back to Jerusalem to see if his efforts were in vain. The other apostels "added noting to me" and "extended the right hand of fellowship".

Sea Breeze - If christians are removed before the GT how can the sheep be saved on the basis of their actions towards them?

I didn't say that. Christians are evacuated before the GT. New Christians are created during the reign of terror of the AntiChrist but are also killed by the AntiChrist during the GT. These Christians are not Jesus' "brothers" that he is referring to.

Christ's brothers (Israel) are protected during the entire conflict. The Jews still have a national contract in force that guarantees the survival of the nation as a whole. God promised a certain land to the seed of Abraham, saying that it would be theirs “forever” (Gen. 13:15). I believe he meant what he said without any need to reinterpret what he said.

"All Israel will be Saved"

Both groups (sheep and goats) seem confused as to why they received the judgment that they did. Both groups question when they did or did not do certain things to Jesus. Jesus explains that what they did to Israel was the same as doing it to him.

God hasn't changed his original promise to Abraham in Genesis:
    I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you.

During this time, those who blessed Israel, are blessed themselves by being allowed into the Kingdom Reign on earth.

But, all this is a future time. The message today is to be reconciled to God and accept his New Blood Covenant "for the forgiveness of sins" that Jesus offered in Mt. 26: 27-28.

Why would Jesus offer this if a person could work their way into God's favor? It makes no sense.

"by the works of the Law shall no flesh be Justified" - Gal. 2: 16

• cofty
    cofty

Sea Breeze - I didn't suggest ignoring any passages in the bible. I pointed out the unmistakable fact that Paul and Jesus agreed about amost nothing.

Jesus was a failed Jewish apocalyptic prophet. He told his disciples to abandon their families in order to follow him. The end was literally nigh!

According to Jesus the key thing was to keep the Law of Moses even more meticulously than the Pharisees.

Love of god was to be shown in practical love of others.

In the light of his execution and the failure of his prophecies his disciples went back to their wives and children and eventually invented a new interpretation of Jesus' life and ministry. Much like Rutherford did in the early 20th century and like every apocalyptic cult has always done.

Allow each bible writer to tell his own story in their own context.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I didn't suggest ignoring any passages in the bible.

Cofty,

Thanks for clearing that up. Because it looked like you are reccommending that people ignore scriptures penned by Paul when you said "without the lens of Pauline theology."

Like I said previously:

The message today is to be reconciled to God and accept his New Blood Covenant "for the forgiveness of sins" that Jesus offered in Mt. 26: 27-28.

Why would Jesus offer this if a person could work their way into God's favor? It makes no sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit