Support Members Of The US Armed Forces

by manon 10 Replies latest jw friends

• manon
    manon

The following are Web sites for several organizations sponsoring programs for member of the Armed Forces overseas. Service member do value and appreciate such expression of support:

AnyServiceMember.Navy.Mil or OperationDearAbby.net

[email protected]

• animal
    animal

As a veteren and life member of the First Cavalry, I agree.

Animal

• ring
    ring

Thankyou for posting this manon,

• Realist
    Realist

ok i will try to say this in a most gentle way...the soldiers are brainwashed people who fight for more than dubious reasons....so there is no reason in my opinion to support them.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Realist, we know, you have made peace with the madman and devil. You support hell on earth. If Hitler would have won, you whould have made a very nice lamp shade........

Bush and Blair are true leaders........

• Realist
    Realist

oh please....i think i stated more than once that i have no sympathy for hussein. that doesn'T change the fact that this war is wrong, that it is fought for the oil and that there would be far better ways (over the last 12 (or better 60) years already) to bring peace to the region and to help the people there. the US embargo has killed between 1/2 and one million people....so don't tell ME i have made peace with murderers!

about hitler....if germany wouldn't have been treated so badly after WWI by the entente than the whole hitler episode could have been avoided.

• manon
    manon

Here is a list of other sites for anyone who is interested.

Defend America Web site.........Sign a virtual thank you card.

Operation Uplink.........Donate a calling card to help service members stay in touch with their families.

Operation USO Care Package

American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Services

Fisher House........Support families whose loved ones are being treated at military and VA hospitals.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    ok i will try to say this in a most gentle way...the soldiers are brainwashed people who fight for more than dubious reasons....so there is no reason in my opinion to support them.

Realist, that is the biggest pile of horse puckie you have ever stated. You and others have and enjoy your freedoms because those brainwashed fools you don't feel merit support fought and died for them. You do have the right not to support them, but we also have the right to state they do merit our support and I give it fully. Lew W, of the Ruthless Riders Association (7/17th Air Cav), member of the 2nd ACR association, and lifetime member of the DAV.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

It is the soldier, not the reporter
    who gives us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet
    who gives us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer
    who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves
    beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by
    the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Father Denis Edward O'Brian, USMC

• Realist
    Realist

dakota,

that is the biggest pile of horse puckie you have ever stated.

ahhh great! a new record!!!

You and others have and enjoy your freedoms because those brainwashed fools you don't feel merit support fought and died for them.

actually you cannot claim that i have my freedoms because of US politics and soldiers. without the US there would have been a normal peace treaty after WWI thus neither WWII nor the cold war would have happened ....therefore it is impossible to make such a claim. if the US public wouldn'T have fallen for lies such as the german emperor is cutting of the hands of little children in denmark etc. than all of history would be different.

by the way...its not just US sitizens who fall for BS coming from politicians. my grandfather volunteered for the army back in 1914 for the same patriotic nonsense (fuer Kaiser, Volk und Vaterland!) as your soldiers did and do now.

You do have the right not to support them, but we also have the right to state they do merit our support and I give it fully.
    of course you can...but that doesn'T make the current war any better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit