LDC or Regional Building Committee?

by Lynnie 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

So I saw on Instagram from one of the major Uber elders from Everett WA posted a picture of where he was staying for the week long safety training the LDC was putting on. Well this "suite" had a full bar for one thing and everything else was quite fancy! He was complaining about losing $$ for a week since he had to go to this training but the accommodations were wonderful. So how does that work? Does the LDC pay for the accommodations if you get there under your own power?

Well at least someone is enjoying themselves.......

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

Nope. He paid his own way. Probably used hotel points.

CC

• Tech49
    Tech49

I do think it varies depending on location of the training, etc. I know a couple who just sold EVERYTHING they owned, yes EVERYTHING (house, cars, belongings, everything), bought a plane ticket to travel across the country, to be a part of the training schools and the new LDC program. All they had to do was get there, and then everything would be paid. They get provided for them: a vehicle, 2 cell phones, accomodations, food, and vacation time off. He even bragged to me about how much they "got" in the way of "benefits" to be used by Jah! They are so HAPPY!! Every pic of them on Instagram is doing something on a KH project, or basking in the sun on the East Coast.

No joke. The kicker is..... when it comes time for them to be "laid off", for whatever reason, at any given time, they will have absolutely NOTHING, I mean ZERO.

• sir82
    sir82

I know a couple who just sold EVERYTHING they owned, yes EVERYTHING (house, cars, belongings, everything), bought a plane ticket to travel across the country, to be a part of the training schools and the new LDC program.

It boggles my mind that people actually do this.

It's not just "high profile" cases either.

I personally know of a couple who sold everything, or nearly everything, when in their late 60's and planned to live off the proceeds while pioneering "until Armageddon came".

Well, guess what? Armageddon didn't come, they ran out of money, and both had to start working again in their 70's / 80's, living in cheap rented houses, until one finally got cancer & died.

They put on a brave face....they got the "reward" of being interviewed a few times at circuit assemblies & district conventions...but in the end, it was a complete & utter waste.

If they hadn't sold everything and lived in misery & poverty for their last 10-15 years of earthly life, the old guy would still be due a resurrection, per JW doctrine, right? So what was the point of him making his old age miserable? There was no point - and based on how he acted the last time I saw him, I think he had figured it out.

Too late of course. He died a few weeks later.

• Moster
    Moster

LDC?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Local Design Committee. It replaced the Regional Building Commitee.

• Moster
    Moster

Thanks Londo111

• steve2
    steve2

Earlier generations of Bethelites and other workers suddenly laid off deserved sympathy.

They literally would not have seen the layoffs coming.

However, the current generation or two of those being laid off deserve not an ounce of sympathy. Over several years they would have seen example after example after example of layoffs.

They can never say, "We didn't see it coming."

Meanwhile, the end that they did "see" coming, still hasn't come.

Cry poverty, my dears - but no tears from me.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Moster: LDC?

Remember the JWs usual pyramidal hierarchy set-up - therefore from the top down they have:

WDC = Worldwide Design/Construction Department

RDC = Regional Design/Construction Department

LDCO = Local Design/Construction Office (USA only)

LDC = Local Design/Construction Department

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"No joke. The kicker is..... when it comes time for them to be "laid off", for whatever reason, at any given time, they will have absolutely NOTHING, I mean ZERO."

Yes, it has happened in the past and will happen again. Happy and Spiritual UNTIL Watchtower has used you up and spit you out. They just can't see it. We have family that are doing all these wonderful JW things too. They are still young. Boy are they going to be surprised when they are still here in the 60-70's or 80's and they are broke, have pissed through all of their money and Watchtower is done with em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit