Are You Satisfied To Let The Government Take Care of You?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some people want limited government involvement in their lives. The less government, the happier they are. Others feel there’s not enough government intervention. We need more government assistance and we should be happy to simply let the government take care of us.

What’s your opinion? Do you feel government knows best and we should simply listen to what our leaders say or —not??

• Steel
    Steel

I think Americans need to stop telling themselves how free they are all the time. Like if I don't get to publicly deny the holocaust or kill a baby growing inside a womens womb at 30 weeks or wear a mask and follow public health guidelines, somehow I will not be free.

Freedumb, Freedumb, Freedumb.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I don't need the government to take of me. People need to be responsible for themselves and common good of others.

• minimus
    minimus

If the government takes care of you, you don’t have to work. Many Jehovah’s Witnesses that I know of were encouraged by the elders To get on welfare and take advantage of the government assistance and Pioneer.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I agree minimus , theJW`s I knew took advantage of whatever the government was prepared to give them.

Including a pioneer who was taking the dole money .An Elder who was a british citizen said to me if the Govts are stupid enough to hand out this money who am I to oppose it .

Another reasoning from the rank & file ,this is Satan`s system of things and to take advantage of it is Theocratic Warfare at it`s best.

Never mind what Romans Chapter 13 : 1-7 says be in subjection to the Superior Authorities / it`s an arrangement by God ,and to oppose it it to go against the arrangement of God.

And those will suffer the consequence for doing so.

• minimus
    minimus

Smiddy, I grew up in an inner city congregation. My mother was encouraged to not get a job, accept welfare and pioneer . She faithfully did as was requested. My dear grandmother did the same thing. My wealthy aunt did the same thing too. My mother and grandmother were rewarded with assembly parts all the time because of their self sacrifice.

• Simon
    Simon

Government is usually the least optimal thing imaginable when it comes to "caring" and "helping". As Reagan said, the nine most terrifying words ever spoken are "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help".

I think support and help starts at the local level. Anything the government is involved with inevitably adds a layer of inefficiency, usually several layers. It's necessary for some things, but usually there is more downside than upside to their involvement. If some amount of care costs $10,000 then the government involvement ensures that you only have $5,000 spent on it (or you have to spend $15,000 to get it).

If you had to buy bread from the government, it would cost $10 a loaf and be stale by the time it arrived.

We need smaller government, at all levels, as the ones we have now have all built cosy existences for themselves with gold plated pensions and huge salaries that they try to justify because ... well, they don't even bother to justify things anymore - they just keep dipping their head in the trough of tax-payer money and national debt because they know no-one will stop them because they have rigged the game so they can't.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

No. I'm a white male and by default the source of all societal woes. The government might want to "take care of me" but not in a good way.

• minimus
    minimus

Simon, I’m glad you’re back! Your perspectives are right on!!!

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

If you had to buy bread from the government, it would cost $10 a loaf and be stale by the time it arrived.

In a Government run society-----You wait for the Bread to come to you

In a Capitalistic run society-------The Bread waits for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit