JW's Should Not Wear Too Much Makeup Or Baggy Clothing Per New KM

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you weren't quite sure how Jehovah God expects you to dress, the April 2003 KM helps us to see His viewpoint. "Well-Arranged Dress Shows Reverence For God" is the article that assists us to know God's feelings on these matters. I will give you some quotes from the article: "Soon we will have the privilege of being Jehovah's guests at the 2003 ' Give God Glory' Disctrict Convention. How thankful we are to Jehovah for inviting us to such a rich spiritual feast! We can demonstrate our reverence for Him and our appreciation for his spiritual provisions by the way we dress and groom ourselves......Being balanced in the use of jewelry, makeup, and other adornments is a wise course for Christian women to follow.Brothers should avoid styles that reflect the thinking of the world. For example, in some lands baggy, oversized clothing is popular, but this style does not present a fitting appearance for a minister of God."......The article also admonishes Witnesses to not become lax during leisure activities, when traveling to and from the convention,or going out after the sessions.....It concludes this way, "May each of us show our reverence for Jehovah by our dress and grooming".

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    have the privilege...How thankful we are...rich spiritual feast...demonstrate our reverence...appreciation for his spiritual provisions...Being balanced...wise course...reflect the thinking of the world...in some lands...fitting appearance...

Wow, it's been a while since I've read any Watchtower-speak. Never changes, does it? They really packed as much as they could into this article, didn't they? lol

• acsot
    acsot

Min: you just gave me a good reason not to attend the Thursday night meeting next week ... or the week after ... or ....

• sandy
    sandy

Alright, I won't wear the sexy thong I just bought.

LOL

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The article also admonishes Witnesses to not become lax during leisure activities,

Thats right! True Christians (TM) will not relax while relaxing.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

no no please wear it, Sandy, as long as it isn't baggy!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Brothers should avoid styles that reflect the thinking of the world. For example, in some lands baggy, oversized clothing is popular, but this style does not present a fitting appearance for a minister of God."......

Why not? Is there a scripture that says that such clothing is not fitting for a minister of God? I wonder what Jesus wore when he was preaching? The clothes they always show him wearing in the Watchtower look pretty baggy. Talk about Pharisees...

The article also admonishes Witnesses to not become lax during leisure activities, when traveling to and from the convention,or going out after the sessions.....

So, in other words, the brothers should wear suits and the sisters wear dresses even while they are driving to the assembly city, sitting around the hotel room, working out in the hotel exercise room...hey, what about the hotel swimming pool? Can they take off their suits and dresses to go swimming?

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Dubs should be sensitive to the consciences of others and just go naked! - Victorian Sky:)

• Mutz
    Mutz

Brrrrrrrr just reading it made my skin crawl. More control freak 'kingdumb speak.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I wish the J-dud Masters would give the duds some practical advise, such as:

It would be wise for Elders and other brothers of authority to learn how to properly tie their ties. These ties should not be stained and soiled with food products...Nor should their shirt collars! Owning and using an iron on shirts and pants also is encouraged. Wearing a belt that has been run through ALL the belt loops adds to that clean crisp look. Not buying cheap ratty used suits and having suits dry cleaned and pressed at least once in the last year will add to ones deportment! And all servants of Jehovah should have proper foot gear! Shoes polished is a must, this counsel should especially be heeded by CO's. We should see your face on the tops of those shoes. (Sisters beware!)

Sisters: Pantyhose should be worn at all meetings! And please remove hair from your legs before you put on those hose. Jehovah does not want to see hair sticking through the fabric of your hose. Washing your hair and combing or brushing it regularly will add to your spiritual condition. (Not to mention your chances of meeting a halfway deceit brother.) And dump the frump look. Nice sundresses and painted nails will please the Organization! If you are in doubt, anything Lucy, of I love Lucy had on in the 1950's is safe and proper for a sister in the 21 Century! And thank you for your suport! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit