Meetings via video conference

by FedUpJW 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So I just heard from a very reliable source that meetings, at least in some locations are now being video fed to the sheeple. And guess what? One can even comment and be seen by other members of the conference, for more encouragement.

I did see though that the service providing this video tie-in has as part of their TOS this: You will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled. If you do not consent to being recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting or webinar.

Now while that may be standard language, and nothing to worry about I wonder exactly how the WTB&T$ will use it. If one can be seen by other members, and you do not agree to being video or audio recorded you can CHOOSE TO LEAVE. Of course I may be wrong, but it seems all will know that you left, and of course you will be singled out for not being, "of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But they went out so that it might be shown that not all are of our sort." Not to mention that one will be expected to be dressed in suit and tie or dress.

Then there is this: Prohibited Use. You agree that You will not use, and will not permit any End User to use, the Services to: ...engage in activity that is illegal, fraudulent, false, or misleading. Well there goes JW's obeying God as ruler rather than man, and we all pretty well understand that much of what is promoted at JW meetings is false. So they will have to lie to use this service.

Thoughts??

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

It has been around for awhile. It was in a Broadcasting episode a few years ago, showing a sister associating through video conferencing. In my area there have been people for years that need to tie in through the phone, with a couple that could probably connect through video conferencing. However, I haven't known any congregation that has it. I know for a fact that the elders have not looked into it in the past (like asking home bound people if they would like it/could learn to use it), but now they are buying, installing, and doing it. They are hypocrites again because they say they go after the one sheep/help the lone sheep. Baloney. They now get directives from "mother" and go ahead and do it. My question is, are they using this as another way to spy on us? Cookies, etc? IDK, and I know so little about computer spying. Also, the video recording they are doing could be for HUB by grabbing a pic to put in the person's file.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In U K video streaming of meetings is becoming the norm . When my wife’s cong started I tried it for curiosity. It asked the number viewing , so they could take a count and also my name. I put A N Other and it let me in.

Sis Blues went in last Sunday and got an American meeting streamed , due to Coronavirus and local meetings cancelled.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I can’t imagine watching the meetings at home, and being forced to dress up in a dress or suit and tie. I’d prefer to sit in my pajamas!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

As another thread mentioned the Zoom.us website and app is what will be used. Eldurs are contacting members of the congregation and informing that they have to set up an online account. I personally see this as a way to even more closely monitor what the JW's are doing now that they cannot guilt people into showing up at the KH. Perhaps even using it as a means to defray the expenses associated with live streaming a two way conference by selling off the vacant KH's. After all unless things really go south expenses, and we all know how inflated those are, will still accrue for the buildings.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I can’t imagine watching the meetings at home, and being forced to dress up in a dress or suit and tie.

Biahi ...

People can just wear a shirt and tie or a blouse.

You can be naked from the waist down.

Rub a Dub

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The pics are terrible. Small and out of frame. I would still tape the camera, good advice anyway.

How mych bandwidth is needed?

They just cant leave us to fade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit