ANNE GRAHAM

by Scorpion 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    BTW Funkyderek,........which part of scorpions post was inncorrect?

Most of it. The link I posted above provides a transcript of what was actually said. Here's the relevant bit for those who can't be bothered:

I say God is also angry when he sees something like this. I would say also for several years now Americans in a sense have shaken their fist at God and said, God, we want you out of our schools, our government, our business, we want you out of our marketplace. And God, who is a gentleman, has just quietly backed out of our national and political life, our public life. Removing his hand of blessing and protection. We need to turn to God first of all and say, God, we're sorry we have treated you this way and we invite you now to come into our national life. We put our trust in you. We have our trust in God on our coins, we need to practice it.

Something I missed the first time I read Scorpion's post was that only two paragraphs are attributed to Anne Graham. There are quotation marks around it so I've no excuse, although I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought the rest of the diatribe was supposedly uttered by her too. It's still nonsense but the quoted part was a reasonable paraphrase of what was actually said.

Dr. Benjamin Spock's son did not commit suicide. See http://www.snopes.com/medical/doctor/drspock.htm

The rest of the post is just a silly diatribe containing no real information, just lots of "someone said"s.

See http://www.ncte.org/pdfs/subscribers-only/vm/0101-sept02/VM0101Hand.pdf for a rebuttal to this nonsense.

• gumby
    gumby

FD,

Thanks bud.

Gumby

• nilfun
    nilfun

Thanks for those links Funkyderek, especially the last one.

Some quotes from http://www.ncte.org/pdfs/subscribers-only/vm/0101-sept02/VM0101Hand.pdf :

Now wait a minute. The Creator of the universe is going to choose manners over what is right, if it is indeed spiritually politic to interfere in the affairs of humans? It’s going to allow nearly three thousand humans to be killed to teach the likes of me (who believes in the constitutional separation of church and state) a lesson? Sorry, but that sounds like a petty and hateful Creator.

and:

Can you, in your wildest imagination, see Jesus taking a stick to a child, or beating his butt with His hand? I’m not even a Christian and I can’t see it.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Well yes, but isn't the "parent" supposed to know what's best for the child, despite how the child responds or behaves, or what the child demands, or the lengths it goes to to draw attention?

Personally, I believe our creator/parents know exactly what they're doing...or not doing, for that matter. Maybe we're all in "time out".

• nowisee
    nowisee

no, artful. i think you have it right. well said.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Thank you for the link and additional info Funkyderek.

Artful, I enjoyed your response.

Scorpion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit