ARMAGEDDON

by Lost in the fog 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Can I ask please especially for all who are POMO?

We've taken a decision similar to Revelation 18:4 to get out of the Watchtower and not share in its sins.

How many of you still believe that God will one day terminate the world's many systems by means of an Armageddon?

• stan livedeath
  • Vanderhoven7
  • JeffT
    JeffT

The universe will end in a few billion years. I'm more concerned with issues closer to home, than trying to pin a date on that, or any similar, event.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yes. Someday it will happen

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If there is a god, I hope it has a better imagination than that.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Lost in the Fog:

Here is my personal experience -

I have been studying religion, Christianity and others, from a historical point of view since I left the Watchtower in 2010. Here is what I can tell you in brief:

The Jewish religion is a mythological fairytale like any theistic religion (for examples of non-theistic religions see Buddhism and Daoism).

All events in prior to the two kingdoms of Israel are manufactured stories.

1. The Israelites are a Canaanite tribe that worshipped El of the Ba'al pantheon of gods. El evolved into YHWH during the period of Persian (Babylonian rule).
    2. Egyptian, Persian, and Greek religion all influenced the Jewish religion. The evolving belief in the afterlife and whether or not there are other spirit beings from God is evidence of this.
    3. There is no proof of a Biblical Jesus outside the Bible.
    4. There is no proof of a Jesus being resurrected outside the Bible.

In short, Judaism is the professed foundation of Christianity. YHWH is as about as real as Osiris, Ahura Mazda, or Zeus. Therefor the Armageddon of Revelation is as about real as Zeus fighting the Titans.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Once you lose the fear of Armageddon your stress and anxiety levels drop significantly

• James Jack
    James Jack

Every generation from Jesus on thought that Armageddon was coming in their lifetime. And it didn’t despite what their scholars and experts predicted at that time. So for 2100 years, nothing. Why should we be different from our ancestors. Conclusion, it’s just an allegory to give each generation a hope that doesn’t exist. Prove me wrong! You can’t because it’s all based on speculation, not the facts and that scares the Governing Body because their whole belief system is based on speculation. No results.

• Simon
    Simon

Nah, no god, no fear.

I think Biden is more likely to bring the apocalypse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit