Ban Babycenter.com-- they behave like JWs

by blacksheep 12 Replies latest jw friends

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Okay, I've been banned/shunned from a website called "babycenter.com". I've been posting to their debate boards ever since my first child was born three years ago. In one particular site, they behave VERY MUCH like JW's (it's a breastfeeding board). I've challenged them on a few issues, and I've consistently been met with harassment. Now, first off, I breastfeed, so I'm NOT anti. But, the way you'd perceive it, the world REVOLVES around breastfeeding. There's a whole society determined to thwart their efforts at breastfeeding. They have meetings in which they reaffirm their breastfeeding goals and bemoan our American society for not meeting them. They actually point to articles where the world would be "saved" if only everyone breastfed. They think, basically, everyone's out to attack them. Bottom line, I think my upbringing as a JW has caused me to question their beliefs, and it's just a bit more than they can bear, so they banned me. I did NOTHING to violate their stated community guidelines, they can provide me NO cause for ousting me. LOL, I've never been disfellowshipped from the JW's, but I certainly I've been from them. To question is to be punished.

Anyway, as I told THEM, I am going to let everyone in my network know of their unfairness. Just like I feel motivated to let people who are not familiar with JW's KNOW their workings.

Probably no men are concerned about this, lol. But for JW-affiliated women, that site is BAD NEWS.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I got banned from a chronic pain group b/c I posted Simon's PMS joke. I thought it was hilarious, but apparently they had no sense of humor. Seems they thought was a guy, and one( 1) woman complained. Seems to me if u have chronic pain, which i do, u could do yourself a favor and lighten up. But no-some of us have to be an anus wrinkle.

Breastfeeding will not save the world. They need to get a life. Maybe u can find a better site.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

BlackSheep:

I nursed both of my children and YES I believe it is a good thing for the baby but I KNOW many women that take it to a almost spiritual level. My gosh boobs were made to nurse not rocket science and yes people should be more excepting of it in America but they get so bent so easy. I like La Leche much better but even some of them are radical. Wil breastfeeding save the world no it helps you bond with your child and gives nutritional value that formula doesn't but I mean there is sooooo much more to being a good Mom. LOL Sorry you were banned do you want me to go kick their butts LOL

• kls
    kls

I breast fed 2 of my 4 kids , and just thought of it as food.What these sick women get out of it i can only guess. My weird sister in law said she liked the way it felt.(leave this to your own imagination)

• animal
    animal

I didnt breastfeed either of my kids.

Animal

• Wren
    Wren

Blacksheep, there's a good chance some of the breastfeeding true believers will mellow after their milk dries up for the last time.

I'll admit to taking it too serious way back in the day. What you said about how they think they can save the world is exactly what my boss said a couple years ago when I did a stint as a WIC certifier. She was a certified consultant in breastfeeding(yes, there is such a thing). She had to attend the yearly breastfeeding seminars taught by the experts. She joked about how they had the attitude that breastfeeding will cure all & save the world in general.

That's harsh that you were banned. Fanatics can be really narrow minded.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Blacksheep. Dunno, some of these on-line groups, regardless of their nature, sometimes have a PC wordspeak that gets so balled up and convoluted that the essence of the support group or board becomes unworkable.

A sense of humour, or an opinion not necessarily in harmony with said subject can raise the ire of the pc-minded titty sisters.

Sorry to read that you have been denied posting priviledges. I'm sure there are other breastfeeding forums that would be more welcoming and not so uptight. Let us know if/when you find one.

My mother, she breastfed us; my grandmother told me that many many moons ago, she was a wet nurse at a small hospital in Nova Scotia, Canada. She is very open about such subjects and is very matter-of-fact about these things. She's 84, and a very hip ol' gal.

As for Animal, I'm glad you did not breast feed your children .

• wednesday
    wednesday

Blacksheep,

i breastfeed one of my babies. until he was 6 weeks old. It was a wonderful experience. i actually had a nurse come in and ask why i wanted to do 'this", the baby was "large" and 'screaming" she said, and she acted like i was a pervert for doing this. I told her to get out of my room and leave me and my baby alone.

As far as your sis -law, i have heard other women say that. My breasts were so sore that breastfeeding was initally so painful. I could not produce enough milk and had to stop b/c my baby was so hungry!! But what time i did have was wonderful.

• Xena
    Xena

Breastfeeding ROCKS I breastfed my daughter for 13 months and probably would have gone longer but I had to have emergency gallbladder surgery

That said, it sucks you got banned....funny it never ceases to amaze me that people who fight so hard against intolerance in others can be so intolerant themselves.....

So I hereby promise that if I ever have another child (god forbid at my age) and I breastfeed (which I would fully intend to do) I will NEVER join Babycenter.com!

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Breasts DO have the power to save the world

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit